Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2023, 09:24 PM   #681
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Kicking myself for missing out on the EX (Thats one selling for twice as much as the Collector's) but I managed to get the collector's version that was on Waitlist.

I shouldn't complain too much. Even if I had the EX, I'd probably display the collector's pieces the most. Also, the first one sent to me had a defective draw bridge base. Sideshow sent me an entire replacement.

Not the biggest Green Arrow Fan, but its easily my favorite Premium Format in my collection.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:17 AM   #682
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Green Arrow was a sell-out for them, but Taskmaster lingers even after deep discounts.

Yep. Unfortunately.

I still felt the progression was something that could happen tho. Wish it did.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:17 AM   #683
SONICobra
Batman

There’s a handful of SS statues that are just such an excellent representation of the character and a home run from concept to sculpt and paint to production and this is one of those pieces
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 12:40 AM   #684
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

LOL because no one wanted a Taskmaster. It's really that simple.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:53 AM   #685
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yep. Unfortunately.

I still felt the progression was something that could happen tho. Wish it did.
I wish you were right as well. I'd be all over a killer looking classic Deathstroke PF.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:01 AM   #686
FJC
Midnighter

I was very fortunate with this GA PF. As soon as the EX was waitlisted, I immediately jumped on the list. A short while later, I got a conversion and bought it. Originally, I only wanted a classic Big 7 JL lineup in 1/4 scale. However, after seeing how fantastic GA turned out, I decided to add him and Black Canary to the lineup as well. Now, if only sideshow would release a Martian Manhunter PF, my JL lineup would be complete.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 05:14 AM   #687
AC_808
Hercules

I didn't hesitate on the EX for this one. Since I got Marvel's awesome archer from XM, I needed DC's awesome archer, too.

Plus I did get SSC's Black Canary before that ...so this was a must have.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:39 AM   #688
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LOL because no one wanted a Taskmaster. It's really that simple.
I wanted a Taskmaster, but they botched it with the sword outstretched (space killer) and the godawful cloth cape. Capes are bad enough, but fabric hoods always look like absolute rubbish.

They probably also didn?t get helped by the Black Widow movie also botching Taskmaster.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:23 AM   #689
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Hawkeye.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
I wanted a Taskmaster, but they botched it with the sword outstretched (space killer) and the godawful cloth cape. Capes are bad enough, but fabric hoods always look like absolute rubbish.

They probably also didn't get helped by the Black Widow movie also botching Taskmaster.
I truly think that folks would have much preferred a Hawkeye statue made rather than a Taskmaster. I am mentioning that here as I figure an "Archer" is what is really being addressed and as SS did such an AMAZING job with the Green Arrow, I can only imagine how cool of a modern Hawkeye or even hybrid Hawkeye mix with a more modern look mixed with a Classic look would have turned out. Not to mention it would help to complete the Avengers lines on most collectors shelves. I know it would definitely make it on my shelf and would be ordered easily.

And besides....Isn't historically speaking that the Taskmaster is meant to be a character that has sort of "copied" and learned the fighting styles of the Avengers including learning how to master the use of their weapons in the same fashion as the Avengers themselves..? IE: Cap and his shield, The black Knight and his sword/fencing, Hawkeye and his bow/arrows...? I mean at this point, SS has done a Green Arrow with all of his arsenal, and now a Taskmaster with showcasing his bow (in hand) and quiver with arrows behind his back........so I say, c'mon Sideshow, we're almost there.......Just a cool pose, a cool concept a somewhat relatable Ultron related base and a few variations of purple paint. Let's do it. LOL!!!!

But that may be just me.

Just a thought.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 11:41 AM   #690
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post

They probably also didn?t get helped by the Black Widow movie also botching Taskmaster.
I disagree, the sword outstretched looks so cool. Like he defies his enemy. And that is the front of the PF, It is not like you put another PF infornt of your Taskmaster PF. who does that. lol The Fabric hood looks fantastic in every picture of SS Taskmaster, but i haven't seen the PF in hand.

Sideshow Taskmaster PF is perfection, but unfortunatly i have no attachment to the character.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote