Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 08-13-2021, 02:13 PM   #11
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I think this piece looks fantastic, and it's an incredible likeness for a traditional sculpt. Loved his take on the Joker, very different and certainly unique. The long hair Zack Snyder version is even more wild. Really hope they bring him back so we can see this knightmare storyline play out. Can't wait to own this one and pair him with the best Batman (imo) Batfleck! Can't imagine them doing a DC line without Batman Joker and Superman tbh. Really hope they get around to doing Steppenwolf though

I guess my only gripe is that there should definitely be blood on those police badges for it to be screen accurate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_131730.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	364.9 KB
ID:	142097   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210813_131738.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	142098  
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #12
deadpoolredsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
I think this piece looks fantastic, and it's an incredible likeness for a traditional sculpt. Loved his take on the Joker, very different and certainly unique. The long hair Zack Snyder version is even more wild. Really hope they bring him back so we can see this knightmare storyline play out. Can't wait to own this one and pair him with the best Batman (imo) Batfleck! Can't imagine them doing a DC line without Batman Joker and Superman tbh. Really hope they get around to doing Steppenwolf though

I guess my only gripe is that there should definitely be blood on those police badges for it to be screen accurate.
The gloves should be less yellow, more orange, possibly?
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 04:10 PM   #13
B_dub345

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
The gloves should be less yellow, more orange, possibly?
Yeah that too, not as big of a deal imo though
Old 08-13-2021, 06:04 PM   #14
deadpoolredsuit

I can see me picking this up, to go with my Sideshow Harley Quinn PF, as i was never sold on the purple coat Joker PF
Sure, different movies, but i love the level of crazy menace in the Weta piece. Unlike some, i like Jared Leto's take on the Joker
..as much as i like the Ledger Joker, i could never picture Ledger with Robbie, Leto fitted the bill perfectly.
I want to see the David Ayer director's cut of the first Suicide Squad
deadpoolredsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:48 PM   #15
B_dub345

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadpoolredsuit View Post
Unlike some, i like Jared Leto's take on the Joker
..as much as i like the Ledger Joker, i could never picture Ledger with Robbie, Leto fitted the bill perfectly.
I want to see the David Ayer director's cut of the first Suicide Squad
Leto was the first Joker where I said "Yeah, that dude definitely killed Robin." Ayer Cut would be a very welcome addition to the franchise imo, that first SDCC trailer was excellent; really didn't care for the confetti party the studio threw together.

Wonder if Weta will find a way to do Harley, I think they were given the exclusive rights to JL Joker. Not sure what others they might have rights to.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:31 AM   #16
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

Quote:
Wonder if Weta will find a way to do Harley, I think they were given the exclusive rights to JL Joker. Not sure what others they might have rights to.
Yes that is an interesting question. Will we see (eventually) every single character from JL? WW and Mera would be cool to see. Will Weta produce more DC comics statues outside of JL? I would be totally on board with that.
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 10:32 AM   #17
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I'm all in for this and Knightmare Batman.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #18
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I'm all in for this and Knightmare Batman.
Same for me, amazing stuff!
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 08:25 PM   #19
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Leto was the first Joker where I said "Yeah, that dude definitely killed Robin." Ayer Cut would be a very welcome addition to the franchise imo, that first SDCC trailer was excellent; really didn't care for the confetti party the studio threw together.

The Warehouse Scene from Superman vs Batman Movie was by far the best Live Action Batman Fight to date. I loved Batfleck. His Batman was primal and brutal, but at the same time experienced and extremely skilled.

I'm genuinely surprised that weird Leto Joker is still breathing. I wouldn't even litter in that Batman's Gotham City.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 03:45 AM   #20
superman4ever
Hydra

The worst version of the Joker...I am actually surprised this crap Leto Joker would even be produced. Goddamn, I hate Leto Joker.
superman4ever is offline   Reply With Quote