Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-07-2023, 10:18 PM   #111
Noshii24
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
They should have made this a different costume. X-Factor, Astonishing, literally ANY costume other than Jim Lee.
I think the issue isn't the costume but the pose. The trend so far with the LBS X-Men so far is Jim Lee inspired. Do keep in mind.. LBS does not know what XM characters are working on.

LBS Realized the similarities with XM 1:4 too late when XM released their Cyclops.

From what i heard, if LBS will be given the chance to make Cyclops again... It'll be the Astonishing costume.
Noshii24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 10:23 PM   #112
Noshii24
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Have to choose wisely when starting off on which characters to produce when getting your company off the ground. Magneto, Hulk, Captain America and Thor seems to have been a hit for them, so those should help ease the loses taken on this Cyclops, if any loses were taken to begin with. Seem like they will have a nice bounce back with Classic Iron Man, Thanos, Venom and the Wolverine that will be coming down the pike soon.
Agreed. the LBS team has learned their lessons with that from the limited interaction i had with them as a whole.
Noshii24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 12:54 AM   #113
Bronze Thanos
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Have to choose wisely when starting off on which characters to produce when getting your company off the ground. Magneto, Hulk, Captain America and Thor seems to have been a hit for them, so those should help ease the loses taken on this Cyclops, if any loses were taken to begin with. Seem like they will have a nice bounce back with Classic Iron Man, Thanos, Venom and the Wolverine that will be coming down the pike soon.
I agree about the bounce back. Also, I think the Cyclops will still sell out. For 1/3rd collectors that want to complete the X-men line its still the only one. And they will have Rogue and some other sought after characters in the X-men line coming out.
Bronze Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:09 AM   #114
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noshii24 View Post
I think the issue isn't the costume but the pose. The trend so far with the LBS X-Men so far is Jim Lee inspired. Do keep in mind.. LBS does not know what XM characters are working on.

LBS Realized the similarities with XM 1:4 too late when XM released their Cyclops.

From what i heard, if LBS will be given the chance to make Cyclops again... It'll be the Astonishing costume.
I'd be all about an Astonishing Cyclops.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:39 AM   #115
ENDO
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I lost interest in this when I found out its in multiple pieces that had to be put together. I wasn't confident all the seams would be hidden.
ENDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:24 AM   #116
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

What I love about this piece is the base!!!!!

Bravo for FINALLY a company chosing a different base for the X-Men to show a different story line from comic history.

Not a Sentinal base
Not a snowy base
Not a Danger room base
Not an X-Mansion related base

Oh.......and yea.......

Not a bar scene base

Did I get them all..?

Nice to see the Brood on there!!!! Something different.

IF only they would have opted for a NOT 90's Cyclops and instead......maybe an 80's..?? I get it....far reaching I suppose as it's all about the money.....sell. sell. sell....

But don't we have enough 90's Cyclops out there already.?

Anyways, beautiful details on the piece. If I had the real estate space in my man cave.....maybe...but as it is 1/4 scale museum at my house has already consumed the area. LOL.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:50 AM   #117
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I have heard similar things.. from what I heard, the ES based on the current number of orders is Less than 200.

LBS took a massive loss on 1:3 Cyclops due to the low sales. Poor Timing on the release and how similar it is to 1:4 XM Cyclops.

For a extremely small studio, (you can count the actual number of employees LBS have to 1 hand) they were unable to restart the Cyclops Project from scratch because it was already too far off in the production phase since the physical prototype has already been done and painted.

Yea, this was a shame. Too similar to XM Cyclops.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:32 PM   #118
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
What I love about this piece is the base!!!!!

Bravo for FINALLY a company chosing a different base for the X-Men to show a different story line from comic history.

Not a Sentinal base
Not a snowy base
Not a Danger room base
Not an X-Mansion related base

Oh.......and yea.......

Not a bar scene base

Did I get them all..?

Nice to see the Brood on there!!!! Something different.

IF only they would have opted for a NOT 90's Cyclops and instead......maybe an 80's..?? I get it....far reaching I suppose as it's all about the money.....sell. sell. sell....

But don't we have enough 90's Cyclops out there already.?

Anyways, beautiful details on the piece. If I had the real estate space in my man cave.....maybe...but as it is 1/4 scale museum at my house has already consumed the area. LOL.
I like the concept but something about the heavy gloss on the base turns me off. The alien looks too shiny.
Mepaphoros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:29 PM   #119
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

wet look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
I like the concept but something about the heavy gloss on the base turns me off. The alien looks too shiny.
They are probably going for the same type of slimy, glossy look that Ripley had to go through when being hugged and snuggled by the Alien Queen in Alien 4.

LOL!

Guessing that is what they are going for assuming as the Brood are aliens of that nature they must secrete such glossy discharge.....

come to think of it,.....they should have put some of that on his costume....or at the very least his boots or the bottoms of his boots...

Just my opinion.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:37 PM   #120
Bronze Thanos
Frackin!

Quote:
I have heard similar things.. from what I heard, the ES based on the current number of orders is Less than 200.

LBS took a massive loss on 1:3 Cyclops due to the low sales. Poor Timing on the release and how similar it is to 1:4 XM Cyclops.

For a extremely small studio, (you can count the actual number of employees LBS have to 1 hand) they were unable to restart the Cyclops Project from scratch because it was already too far off in the production phase since the physical prototype has already been done and painted.

I think this having an es so low? it will be far lower than 200! Which is a great thing. It will make this extremely rare and sought especially in a 1/3rd scale. Im definitely glad I got it. Not just because of the rarity, but because I know I would kick myself for not being able to have it to complete the X-men line. Plus, I actually love the pose. Almost right off of X-men #1 and beside Magneto it will look incredible. Just my thoughts.
Bronze Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote