Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-01-2022, 08:44 PM   #21
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I see at least 2 portraits. Maybe more?

Yeah, and it looks like one could be Rhodey.
One classic silver age,
One bronze.
One unmasked Stark.
Plus one other.

Wasn't expecting a Rhodey. Or the second (third) arm configuration.
Scratch that- I see it's four now.

Damn.

The wealth of alternative display options is going to make this one very compelling.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 10:30 PM   #22
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDO View Post
These people are getting so annoying with their long drawn-out teasing. It's like some attention -----s have taken control of a company.
I think it's just the timeline they get for approval. They're basically releasing 1-2 statues a year. They may feel like they need to release ANY info they have as they get it, to keep people engaged.
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:03 AM   #23
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Yeah, and it looks like one could be Rhodey.
One classic silver age,
One bronze.
One unmasked Stark.
Plus one other.

Wasn't expecting a Rhodey. Or the second (third) arm configuration.
Scratch that- I see it's four now.

Damn.

The wealth of alternative display options is going to make this one very compelling.
Pretty sure there is no Rhodey head, imo from left to right -

- Classic head looking up and to the side, arms by side similar pose to Thor.
- Classic facing forward, right arm raised up about to repulsor blast.
- Silver age 'pointy' mask.
- 70's hairstyle Stark, arm holding helmet.
- Helmet on but face-plate lifted up/removed showing modern Stark, arm adjusting gauntlet.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 06:58 AM   #24
pdenham
Teen Titans

Over my skis again.

You're right.

Still a hell of a nice set of alternative options.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 10:40 AM   #25
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

The boots look to me like maybe they have a bit of that "bulk" that you're looking for. The upper part of the suit though, maybe not so much.

Still looks like it's going to be very nice with all those switch outs and very tough to resist.

Oh, and THIS is why they post things like this. Because people will talk/care about it. It's a hobby that pretty much REVOLVES around waiting. I don't have much of an issue with the teases. No one will actually have this statue until probably mid-2023 at best. The way they've been doing it is better than what P1 used to do; they'd freaking show you a picture of a statue that MIGHT go on pre-order in another year and a half. At least this one is (presumably) not all that far away from PO.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 12:42 PM   #26
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I'm intrigued to see what they do with the base, they've done the 'story telling' themed base for Thor and Hulk and it would be perfect for Iron Man as well showing the evolution of the armor and the man himself.

Old 03-02-2022, 02:15 PM   #27
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Of those 3, I think the one in the middle looks the closest. The closest to a blurred out picture at least lol.

And yes, that Thor base has certainly upped the thoughts of what a base could be. Something similar for Iron Man would be very cool too.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:54 AM   #28
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

From the Hulk thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merovingian View Post
You're welcome and yes, I've seen the Iron Man 3D rendering; it's a masterpiece IMHO and will be the quintessential Iron Man statue to own. I've never seen an Iron Man base done so masterfully.

The base (pentagon shaped) pays homage to the lineage of Iron Man masks. I don't know if this was a deliberate reference but the shape of the base (pentagon) may be paying tribute to the US Pentagon/Defense Dept. with Tony Stark's company (Stark Industries) being the top defense contractor through the history of the comic (I could be way off, but just a thought). LBS continues to design their bases in such a way that the bases can be displayed as a separate statue and this base is no exception. Like the LBS Hulk statue, this piece screams "separation" from the pack of Iron Man statues that are currently on the market.

There are 4 portrait variations. Tony's facial portrait (un-helmeted) is "spot on" and they did a great job with his hair, reflecting the 70's and 80's golden era of Bob Layton. IMHO the hair style with the unmasked portrait is a grand slam and portrays a "regal/magnate" look with "playboy" undertones. As a kid this is exactly how I saw Tony Stark.

The 3D Iron Man rendering has just been approved, as reported on the LBS Facebook page, so I'm guessing the actual printing and painting is around the corner. My guess is that it will be ready for PO later this year maybe spring-summer/early fall. Please note that LBS might tweak and make changes to the 3D rendering moving forward, but my above summary is reflective of this point in time.
Old 03-28-2022, 05:40 PM   #29
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Ah I see now there is a thread of it's own that I'll jump in.

Seems like LBS likes multiple torso switch outs

It seems this will mostly be a classic version of Iron Man, but I'm hoping that last one is a modern rendition. But if it's open mask, I would pass. I want a fully suited up Iron Man.

I have the PCS 1/3 Iron Man on PO and overall happy with that one. It's not MCU, but it's modern and that's what I want.
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:58 AM   #30
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Ah I see now there is a thread of it's own that I'll jump in.

Seems like LBS likes multiple torso switch outs

It seems this will mostly be a classic version of Iron Man, but I'm hoping that last one is a modern rendition. But if it's open mask, I would pass. I want a fully suited up Iron Man.

I have the PCS 1/3 Iron Man on PO and overall happy with that one. It's not MCU, but it's modern and that's what I want.
Pretty sure this won't have a modern swop-out torso, they can't have have a modern torso switch out with the classic skin tight legs and boots, it's either all classic armor or all modern.

The Stark head sculpts will be a mix though, classic 70's Stark and a more modern Stark with shorter hair and goatee probably.