Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 02-24-2022, 01:36 PM   #21
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Death looks great but I'd like to know if the companion is attached with peg or magnet.

edit: Alex answered on FB that it's a peg.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #22
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Dammit. Not the sure-fire homerun I was hoping for.

I love it, just looking at the piece as a whole. Art direction, sculpt, etc. But a few concerns with the engineering and choices made...

1. Scythe not metal. I understand additional weight concerns, but I don't see how it's possible that a horizontal resin pole DOESN'T bend over time. Realism would've been a nice bonus too.

2. The familiar attaching via a peg. That sucks. I want the familiar but may not always want him displayed. Obvious disappointing cost cutting measure.

3. The scale is the most annoying to me. Death is 1.5x Alucard, but they're the same here. Don't know how that consensus was reached other than more cost saving.

Death is relatively simple, and I know factory costs are skyrocketing, but there's a lot of cost cutting going on here. Obviously I'm a big Death fan, but F4F clearly think it wouldn't sell at a little higher price point.

I'm familiar with that special light absorbing paint. That's a nice touch, but not enough to offset the other issues. I came into today looking forward to a must-buy, but now I have to think about it.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 04:53 PM   #23
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I'm just happy F4F are giving us a full line!

It's amazing people find some way to complain still...its a SOTN Death statue in 1/4...NO one else is ever going to make this!
Here I am complaining.

Quote:
I honestly think they'll probably scale him to be a similar size just for cost reasons.

The Dracula height thing didn't bother me so much tbh.
But while Dracula has frequently been portrayed as much larger, it has varied, at at least he was 'human'. But Death isn't. I guess most would prefer to keep costs down by making them the same size, but I prefer a little more scale accuracy. Ah well.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:23 PM   #24
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

The Death size is definitely more of an issue imo, they should have made him larger for sure, Drac they can get away with, this not so much imo....

But again who is else is gonna make a Death SOTN statue at this point lol

The pegs on the EX and having to display the EX parts always is a put off and tbh i think the reg looks better...so wait it out for a Reg and get one cheap i'd say.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:41 PM   #25
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
The Death size is definitely more of an issue imo, they should have made him larger for sure, Drac they can get away with, this not so much imo....

But again who is else is gonna make a Death SOTN statue at this point lol

The pegs on the EX and having to display the EX parts always is a put off and tbh i think the reg looks better...so wait it out for a Reg and get one cheap i'd say.
(There's no way I'm passing, but shhhhh! Don't tell F4F. I'm trying to make a few points! )

You're right though about the chances this would ever be made by someone else. I complain about Prime 1 bases, but that would have impaled corpses all around, maybe Alucard's stolen equipment, a couple change out arms, for $1300. lol
Old 02-24-2022, 06:02 PM   #26
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

There's a good chance his scythe is PVC or thinner resin. Simons EX flail and cross feel paper thin, parts of Alucards sword were light and I could look at Dracula's bat the wrong way and break it.

Pretty sure the familiar keys in just like Dracula's bat. It took me a while to figure out where the bats peg goes due to how small it was. So maybe the hole on Death will be small enough not to take away from the piece if you don't want to use it.

I'm still wondering how this is going to key into the base without issues down the road. A ton of care was given to Psycho Mantis so he wouldn't lean but this looks like we're going to be keying in a thin flat piece of the robe to hold up the rest.

Ordered him anyway. Like Dead says, when are we ever going to see a CV Death again? I had a ton of points, so I dumped them all on the piece and got away with just $75 for shipping.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:20 PM   #27
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Yeah, you're right, PVC would probably fare ok.

So the bat keyed in with like, some small pin? I guess that wouldn't be a deal breaker.

As for the cape/base, my concerns with that were assuaged after seeing it. It looks robust enough to me, and better yet, the connection didn't look 'bad'. Plus, maybe they have a metal rod or two embedded in the resin. Maybe. At any rate, even with a PVC scythe, I doubt it's very top heavy.

I haven't bought F4F in a while. What have you accumulated points from? Is it just from prior recent purchases? I know you can earn a few points a day by logging in - I can't believe that's worthwhile?
Old 02-24-2022, 06:59 PM   #28
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I'm pretty sure it was a small pin with maybe a tiny cross piece. It's dark here now, but I'll pull the bat off and take a picture of his peg and the hole on Dracula for you tomorrow, so you have an idea what to expect.

My first purchase with them was Eggman from Sonic. I've been accruing points for at least 6-7 years just off of purchases, no daily log in. I think I've racked up around $700 in that time on all the Mega Man pieces, CV pieces, Bowser and a few Sonic pieces.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 07:21 PM   #29
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm pretty sure it was a small pin with maybe a tiny cross piece. It's dark here now, but I'll pull the bat off and take a picture of his peg and the hole on Dracula for you tomorrow, so you have an idea what to expect.

My first purchase with them was Eggman from Sonic. I've been accruing points for at least 6-7 years just off of purchases, no daily log in. I think I've racked up around $700 in that time on all the Mega Man pieces, CV pieces, Bowser and a few Sonic pieces.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. No big deal if it's a hassle.

I just pulled the trigger on the Exclusive. I might like it slightly more without the familiar, but his addition just adds to make this 'Death' unequivocally Castlevania's Death.

I hadn't logged in in years. My last purchase being Alucard four years ago... Didn't know I had ~$60 Rewards with them, but maybe I'll use them on Richter. I thought they might have expired since I thought F4F changed their Reward system?
Old 02-25-2022, 12:12 AM   #30
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

First 4 Figures - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Death Statue

Pre-orders for our Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Death statue is NOW OPEN! Take advantage of our EARLY BIRD OFFER by placing your orders before 14th March 2022, 4:00 PM HKT! Don't miss out on this limited-time offer! (https://f4f.group/SOTND)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And don't forget to join our GIVEAWAY for a chance to win a Death (Exclusive Edition) statue! Rules to the giveaway can be found here: https://f4f.fans/GSOTND
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote