Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-13-2023, 05:25 PM   #241
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Now I see how you got that impression. I was interpreting Sideshow's post. I'm actually not convinced that it will be the new normal. Seemed like someone screwed up, and I'm unconvinced that they want to repeat what happened with Ivy.
Ah ok, thanks for clarifying, yeah lots of unhappy people on here with Ivy
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:01 AM   #242
Biggunz
Loki

I'm anticipating a resale value of about $500 down the road in the secondary market. So already $140 hair cut.

And when the new 1\4 joker pf is released ... No this will not be more sought after ... Hence collectible because it has a lower edition size.

no ones going to give a crap except the regard buying it who likes it because they play that DC mortal kombat video game. And bet you! They will want to buy low.

That's why its a period piece. Stick to the comic books and timeless content.

Only time will tell. Lets see
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 02:48 PM   #243
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Eh, I think a lot of what drove the value in the past was it was the only thing that ever existed of that character at the time. Look at the massive price hit Bowens have taken, or the drop in price on OG Joker. If they are going to keep making common characters over and over, there is little incentive to chase an old piece, and that means most won’t achieve or be able to hold that value.

I don’t buy to sell, but I always thought I had some value should my family ever need to liquidate in my absence, but most things just won’t gain or even hold their value because something else is always coming to market. At that point it’s not even about ES, but the fact there are already 12 other versions to choose from.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 10:10 AM   #244
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Now I see how you got that impression. I was interpreting Sideshow's post. I'm actually not convinced that it will be the new normal. Seemed like someone screwed up, and I'm unconvinced that they want to repeat what happened with Ivy.
Probably that's alot of money to spend on something they could have easily made 1k of. So to me that was a ----ty decision on there part. I'm still bummed as I was going to PO. Who knows if she will convert for my wait list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I agree, it simply says there will be more low ES pieces like this coming up, not that this is the new business model for every statue going forward.
It will be telling with the mythos yoda, that's a huge line for them and he's a huge character. If they make a small ES of him that will be the most telling. Signaling collectors that they gotta PO as soon as a piece comes up as they can't support to bloat ES's with slower sales all around..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Eh, I think a lot of what drove the value in the past was it was the only thing that ever existed of that character at the time. Look at the massive price hit Bowens have taken, or the drop in price on OG Joker. If they are going to keep making common characters over and over, there is little incentive to chase an old piece, and that means most won?t achieve or be able to hold that value.

I don?t buy to sell, but I always thought I had some value should my family ever need to liquidate in my absence, but most things just won?t gain or even hold their value because something else is always coming to market. At that point it?s not even about ES, but the fact there are already 12 other versions to choose from.
Very few Bowens kept there value which i'm not shocked, same will go for some of the SS PF's. Tho some folks prefer to get the deal on the old piece than to get the newest.

But I do agree not buying to sell anymore. Not worth the hassle and headache. If I don't intend to keep it for a long time I don't bother PO'ing anymore, you end up losing to much money that way. I do intend to buy this Joker tho I really loved it when i saw it at SDCC but was waiting for a deal but now its come to bite me lol.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:06 PM   #245
Star-struck
The Spirit

Out of the box vid

https://youtu.be/r93CMiilrVc
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 06:01 PM   #246
djmogo89
Justice League

It looks great. Daniel Bel did an amazing job creating this piece.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 08:59 PM   #247
Biggunz
Loki

Sucks. Like the Arkham joker PF. Easily forgotten
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 11:35 PM   #248
pavehawk78
Hellfire Club

Looks pretty cool to me.
pavehawk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 07:29 AM   #249
NakkDry
Fantastic Four

Love at first sight ! This unboxing is increasing my hype!
NakkDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 09:05 AM   #250
TooMacabre
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Typically how much longer does it start shipping after SS posts unboxing videos?
TooMacabre is offline   Reply With Quote