Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Collectibles Studio
COMING VERY SOON...
DARKSIDE COLLECTIBLES STUDIO
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:12 PM   #2
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Interesting. This company keeps sneaking statues but hasn't shipped much.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:26 AM   #3
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm not a fan of The Hobbit films, so this announcement does nothing for me. I'd have much preferred any character from the Fellowship, or even Tauriel, since at least she's good looking!
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:46 AM   #4
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrcan View Post
I'm not a fan of The Hobbit films, so this announcement does nothing for me. I'd have much preferred any character from the Fellowship, or even Tauriel, since at least she's good looking!
Cool, glad we got that sorted out. I guess Darkside might as well cancel this piece now as you aren't buying.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:28 AM   #5
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorrcan View Post
Given how much product Darkside announced they were going to do for The Fellowship - I'd also like to see them making more headway on that line, before they start revealing products for The Hobbit.

It seems to me that most of these companies are becoming experts at the REVEAL stage - but not to competent at the "product in peoples hand" stage.

A well executed Tauriel would make a great "one and done" piece, so I'm with you on that idea
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 07:40 AM   #6
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Cool, glad we got that sorted out. I guess Darkside might as well cancel this piece now as you aren't buying.
So we can only express an opinion when you give us permission? Get lost. People like you just drive away discussion. I'm free to express whatever I want about any product. Deal with it.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:51 AM   #7
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Given how much product Darkside announced they were going to do for The Fellowship - I'd also like to see them making more headway on that line, before they start revealing products for The Hobbit.

It seems to me that most of these companies are becoming experts at the REVEAL stage - but not to competent at the "product in peoples hand" stage.

A well executed Tauriel would make a great "one and done" piece, so I'm with you on that idea
I think they announced the LotR and Hobbit license at the same time, didnt they? I seem to remember they announced it as John Howe's LotR and Hobbit or something like that. Either way, I like the Hobbit movies more than most, though there are only maybe 5 characters from the Hobbit I'd care to see made. Azog, Thranduil, Thorrin, Balin, Tauriel and Bilbo. So 6.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:15 PM   #8
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Can’t wait to see this. I think I’m one of the few fans out there of the Hobbit films and have been looking forward to a Azog release for a while
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 12:49 PM   #9
Mister H
Gen 13

I’m a fan of the Hobbit movies as well. They have plenty of issues but at least it’s not like the Amazon series. I’d like to have an Azog but in a small scale. Ill be interested to see the release of this.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 02:45 PM   #10
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I?m a fan of the Hobbit movies as well. They have plenty of issues but at least it?s not like the Amazon series. I?d like to have an Azog but in a small scale. Ill be interested to see the release of this.
Wow, the Amazon series, so far, stinks! I couldn't get past 10 minutes! I'm wanting nothing from that heap to get made into a statue.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote