Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2016, 09:43 PM   #501
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
I'd take both of them with the quickness! Cyclonus is my favorite Decepticon of all time...and Scourge is just cool as hell. In fact, if SS makes Scourge...and has alternate arm / leg display options, I would buy at least 4 so I could have Scourge and his Sweeps!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 07:38 AM   #502
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Simple, straight forward XM photography versus in-hand visuals coupled with members posting HD photos of their pieces in hand. If there is any doubt, look at items like Thor, She Hulk and Daredevil.

There is no smoke and mirrors with XM. Their pieces shine in spite of the PO photos. And when you get a piece in hand, it's on another level. The subtle details and insane QC aren't exactly picked up by XM's in house photographers.

I, for one, am A-OK that I know I will receive a great piece that wasn't photoshopped and well-lit to entice my purchase. What you see if what you get -- and way more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Pretty much what Demona said. Take Black Bolt for instance...when you look at XM's PO pics of him...it is pretty hard to see the intricacies of the paint app on him. From those pics, I was thinking Black Bolt was black, but actually, there are all kinds of subtle blended blues interspersed throughout the black that give his costume such depth and not simply a flat color.

What's even more amazing is his portrait. Similar to Magneto, XM managed to make him look like he has translucent resin for skin. There are all kinds of subtle shading throughout his face and it simply looks stunning.

What's also impressive is how the paint apps are done so well that you would think some of the statues are mixed media...like Hawkeye's leather parts, Medusa's pleather / spandex like outfit, same for DD. There really is a lot to appreciate. Magneto speaks for itself. That might just be the best painted production piece ever done in 1/4....it's that great!

Lots of great little touches. Maybe its lighting, or poor camera...I'm not sure.

Here is another example(s): Thor and Wolverine both have very nicely done blues on the veins of the skin...and I swear it looks lifelike. Hopefully you get to see firsthand guilty.
Thanks for the input.

This is interesting, it also clears up my question as well.

I hope to see this myself whenever Witchblade releases in the far future.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:57 PM   #503
Davidian
Omega Flight

So how many of you guys/gals were able to PO this guy? I'm a huge Darkness fan, and since the CS Moore was the only statue produced, I've been wanting someone to make another, and I really hope I didn't miss out on this one. Every time I go check out a new XM Studios piece, they're sold out! Am I SOL on this, and forced to wait for one on eBay then? Did any of you order him from another trusted retailer?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #504
Comicbookguy
Hercules

So what's the USA price for this on a new po? 1500.00 shipped or not including shipping?
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 05:28 PM   #505
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Still available to order on CDUK so i imagine it'll be in stock at other retailers too.

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk...the%20darkness
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #506
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
So what's the USA price for this on a new po? 1500.00 shipped or not including shipping?
I'm assuming it's shipped, since $1500 SGD = $1108.57 USD (according to today's exchange rate). If that's the case, WOW that's insane for shipping rates!
Old 06-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #507
cb4x
Frackin!

Simply toys still has it available for pre order as well as secret compass.
cb4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #508
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4x View Post
Simply toys still has it available for pre order as well as secret compass.
I just contacted Secret Compass to see if they have anymore available to pre-order. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2016, 08:18 PM   #509
cb4x
Frackin!

Your welcome. I wouldn't want you to miss out on what looks like a sleeper of a statue. The detail is crazy on it and I can't wait to see it in person.
cb4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 PM   #510
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb4x View Post
Your welcome. I wouldn't want you to miss out on what looks like a sleeper of a statue. The detail is crazy on it and I can't wait to see it in person.
Yeah me too! Huge Darkness fan here.