Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-06-2023, 01:17 AM   #3751
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Dopesick - 10/10

Some stories are so deeply disturbing they just leave me a bit shattered after viewing them. Examples in film include Sofie?s Choice and Schindler?s List. Dopesick did the same thing to me. I just was horrified by what I watched. Highly, highly recommended.
Painkilller - 5/10

Having watched Dopesick (see above) we next watched Painkiller, which tells the same story. Honestly, I don?t even see why this was made, considering Dopesick came out only a few years before. This one doesn?t capture the horror of the opiate epidemic nearly as well and even makes the production seem like a Broadway production at many points, which just diminishing the power of a story whose tale should just speak for itself. A real disappointment.

Last edited by wktf; 09-06-2023 at 01:19 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:30 AM   #3752
nearmint
Cyclops

Who is Erin Carter? 8/10
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:21 AM   #3753
jeremydmc
Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Justified: City Primeval - 6/10. Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens is so perfect casting. Too bad the writing for this sequel, limited series was not up to par. That being said, I?m down for another one as long as Olyphant is on board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I have not watched the final episode but this was not near as good as the original series.....if Olyphant was not in it it would be nearly unwatchable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Totally agree. That being said, I was not expecting the last ten minutes of the final episode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That was great...Olyphant said he'd be up for more Raylan if it gets greenlit.
I was finally able to watch the final episode. I wish the last 10 minutes would have been the beginning of this series. It's what I was hoping for when they announced a new season of Justified was being made. I really hope they do another one.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 09:27 AM   #3754
Iko Iko
Green Lantern Corps

Special Ops: Lioness on Paramount + - 9/10 An 8 episode Taylor Sheridan show about a Marine. I was pretty engaged throughout even though it was a little melodramatic at times. A great cast with some heavy hitters too like Zoe Saldana, Nicole Kidman, and Morgan Freeman.
Iko Iko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 09:21 PM   #3755
BurningRage
Omega Red

One Piece live action 9/10
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2023, 10:00 PM   #3756
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

Miss S - Expect lots of jaunty fun and fabulous fashions in this exciting new adaptation of Australia's Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, that follows the unlikely detective duo Miss S and Inspector Luo Qiuheng.

I didn't know it was an adaptation of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries when I started watching. Like the original show, it's very much comfort TV but with grand sets and an impeccable wardrobe recreating 1930's Shanghai. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 12:47 AM   #3757
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Ragnarok - 8/10

Three seasons of only six episodes each. It leads down a path with an ending I didn’t see coming and found surprisingly uplifting. It’s billed as a “teen favorite” show but, as someone over 60, I found the themes that ultimately were revealed, and how they were resolved, very appealing.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:46 AM   #3758
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Friday Night Lights - 9/10

I always gave this across, thinking it was a typical teen drama. Boy, was I wrong. What a great series. The first 3 seasons are really good but the show really peaks with seasons 4 - 5. It deals with a variety of themes that are relevant 10+ years later while also being extremely entertaining and absorbing.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:27 AM   #3759
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Ragnarok - 8/10

Three seasons of only six episodes each. It leads down a path with an ending I didn?t see coming and found surprisingly uplifting. It?s billed as a ?teen favorite? show but, as someone over 60, I found the themes that ultimately were revealed, and how they were resolved, very appealing.
I would rank it the same, very enjoyable show
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 04:34 AM   #3760
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty 8/10 (HBO)

Very interesting show about the rise of the LA Lakers in the early 80's with Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson and the rivalry with the Boston Celtics.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote