Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #1
TK-421
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Batman and Robin Vol 1: Batman Reborn HC

Okay, so I have been a Grant Morrison "hater" for a little while...basically since R.I.P.
So much so that I dropped all DC monthly titles....GM was not the whole reason, but a large part.

Anyway, I kept hearing at my LCS how good the Batman & Robin title is and I should pick it up, but I swore I would not read any Batman title while GM was still around......

well I finally broke down and picked up Batman and Robin Vol 1 Delux Edition HC....
I hate to say it but it was really good!
It was a pretty dark and grusome story, but it was very well written, and the art was out of this world.

What really blew me away was Damian. I remember when they first introduced him and I was not pleased, but after reading this, I really like that little fargin' bastage.

I still struggle with Dick as Batman, but so does he in the story, so it sort helps me get past it.

I know this in not the Batman and Robin we are used to, and I was full on against it myself, but I have to say give it a try, I think you might like it...or at the very least hate it less
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #2
rychehitman
Galactus

I picked up the single issues here in there at cons and lcs bargain bins and I have to say I enjoyed them. I just finished #12 a few nights ago and thought the whole run was a good read.

It was the first experience with Damian as Robin other than his appearances in Red Robin, and I liked the dynamic between the two.

I will keep reading this if I can still pick the issues up at discounted prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post

I still struggle with Dick

I am also not on board for Mr. Grayson taking over the cowl because I liked Nightwing so much...but I had heard there is soon to be a new FEMALE Nightwing??? Anyone else hear this?

Bruce is the Bat. Now that he is back he Nightwing shoudl return.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
TK-421

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
I picked up the single issues here in there at cons and lcs bargain bins and I have to say I enjoyed them. I just finished #12 a few nights ago and thought the whole run was a good read.

It was the first experience with Damian as Robin other than his appearances in Red Robin, and I liked the dynamic between the two.

I will keep reading this if I can still pick the issues up at discounted prices

I am also not on board for Mr. Grayson taking over the cowl because I liked Nightwing so much...but I had heard there is soon to be a new FEMALE Nightwing??? Anyone else hear this?

LOL nice catch on my struggles

From what I read inte CSN, Dick will still be Batman with the black bat symbol and Bruce will have the yellow and black symbol
TK-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #4
DSET
The Secret Six

i very much agree
im not a morrison fan but Bats and Robin has been quite good

cant wait for vol3 to come out in HC, ( rls date: May 17, 2011. oh man! dc is slow to the HC TPB game )

return of bruce was decent IMO just because of the unique-ness of a time traveling bats
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #5
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post

I think you are referring to the the current character in superman, who is teamed up with Flamebird(no, not that Flamebird!)

There was a female nightwing though, that was all armoured up that was power girl and supergirl

n the Post Crisis DC, Nightwing got his namesake from Superman., who on Krypton, Nightwing and Flamebird were their versions of Batman and robin, respectively.

joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
RichBamf

I loved the first volume too, I haven't been able to catch up on the rest yet though...
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote