Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #11
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I?m happy with what I have - Triceratops, raptor vs Muldoon, attacking raptor, Malcolm? the earlier pieces are the best. The Nedry piece could be better but I?m getting it as it?s a statue I?ve always wanted and it looks good besides the likeness.
Rex vs Gennaro looks good as long as the production pieces hold up, but they seem to be getting more cartoony than realistic.

I?m sticking with them as I love dioramas. And at the rate they?re going there?s not that many scenes they can still do if they?re sticking with the human/dinosaur theme - Gallimimus stampede, Ellie and raptor in the maintenance shed, Grant and the kids with the Brachi in the tree? that?s all that come to mind now, unless they do Grant kicking the raptor in the air vent lol.

I totally respect people?s love of the items. I think I?m just not big on dioramas and the sculpts i mentioned before just leave a lot to be desired for me. The Muldoon one looks cool. Like you, i do think they?re running out of ideas lol.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 09:11 AM   #12
No1
The Avengers

This will be the third T-Rex in 1/20 scale, it's a lot, and we don't get yet the other movies, they have the license for The Lost World and Jurassic World too, so there's more and more T-Rex coming in the future.

I would like to see something diferent, more herbivorous, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, I believe they will make the scene of Grant and the kids with the Brachiosaurus, that even in 1/20 would be a big piece, must have a big tree too
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 05:26 PM   #13
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
This will be the third T-Rex in 1/20 scale, it's a lot, and we don't get yet the other movies, they have the license for The Lost World and Jurassic World too, so there's more and more T-Rex coming in the future.

I would like to see something diferent, more herbivorous, Brachiosaurus, Triceratops, I believe they will make the scene of Grant and the kids with the Brachiosaurus, that even in 1/20 would be a big piece, must have a big tree too
It?s possible they would just do the head of the Brachi and depict it coming through a canopy of leaves. That means the focus would be more on the characters interaction with the brachi. And could also make it 1/10 scale.

I don?t think they?re running out of ideas, just covering every scene they can lol. Soon, they will have covered JP unless they do dioramas between characters with no dinos, or they go back to individual character statues and do Ellie, the kids, and some background characters on a single base like Hammond, Malcolm and Grant.

And then they can move onto the other movies!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 06:12 PM   #14
Lemmiwinkles
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Ive very happy to see this! Im all honesty, its a bit of a relief its 1/20th too otherwise it would be a huge, expensive statue I just wouldnt have the room for. Would I prefer a 1/10th Jeep instead? Absolutely. Maybe theyre making this small as they dont have a license for the Jeep and can skip a bit of details. I stick with IS for the dioramas. As much as their dinosaurs/faces can be a bit iffy, it?s hard to argue theyre not creative with their dioramas. Plus, I was really pleased with the blue deluxe with the crushed Explorer. I think they did a decent job
Lemmiwinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 07:34 PM   #15
Blade3327
Nightwing

Another T-Rex from the first movie...

...w o w.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 10:23 AM   #16
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
It?s possible they would just do the head of the Brachi and depict it coming through a canopy of leaves. That means the focus would be more on the characters interaction with the brachi. And could also make it 1/10 scale.

I don?t think they?re running out of ideas, just covering every scene they can lol. Soon, they will have covered JP unless they do dioramas between characters with no dinos, or they go back to individual character statues and do Ellie, the kids, and some background characters on a single base like Hammond, Malcolm and Grant.

And then they can move onto the other movies!
That idea of only the head of the Brachi I think it's so weird, because it's like have half of the dinosaur, I mean the head is coming from where?

The scene on the movie have only the head, so maybe you're right, but I think that way would be 2 problems:

1 - super weird
2 - a lost oportunitty to make another Brachi for those who lost the first one
3 - the first time they make half of a dinosaur, which will look very out of place on the collection
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:13 AM   #17
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
That idea of only the head of the Brachi I think it's so weird, because it's like have half of the dinosaur, I mean the head is coming from where?

The scene on the movie have only the head, so maybe you're right, but I think that way would be 2 problems:

1 - super weird
3 - the first time they make half of a dinosaur, which will look very out of place on the collection
The animatronic was only a head and neck too. They could just frame it in foliage so from the right perspective it matches the film.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 01:56 AM   #18
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

1 - super weird

I don?t think they will do this scene. Both ways suggested are problematic.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 08:57 AM   #19
MikemBHD
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm working on a 1/10 brachiosaurus statue from the first part when they get to the park , I can say they will most likely stay away from it , it's huge !!!!only option is doing the interaction scene with just the head if they decided to do it
MikemBHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 02:51 PM   #20
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikemBHD View Post
I'm working on a 1/10 brachiosaurus statue from the first part when they get to the park , I can say they will most likely stay away from it , it's huge !!!!only option is doing the interaction scene with just the head if they decided to do it
Exactly what I?m saying. It won?t look odd if it?s coming through foliage. It?ll be like a bust
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote