Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #9501
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
i think i will stay between both scales. i invested in the billy bookcase which wasn't cheap so im kinda stuck for a while in between the two. Fortunately i have a space in the office that will support a custom made furniture piece that will let me hold an additional 6 which im looking forward to. If i had a time machine i would have purely focused on 1/4 scale. i got a few pieces this year coming so about to fill all that space quick. I got Thor, Hulk vs Wolverine, Miles Morales, and Doctor Strange. Besides those i want to get Gambit but waiting on rewards to be effective or a better deal and patiently waiting on Silver Surfer reveal. Since Space is limited 1/4 scale pieces are only the characters i love the most. What you got coming down the pike?
Makes sense. And there is no rush. It took me months to generally sell off some pieces and switch scales. With that being said, I still think there are A LOT of great 1/6 scale pieces I wish I still had. In the grand scheme of things, the key is taking enjoyment in what you have regardless of scale.

I have two 1/4 scale pieces on preorder - Iron Studios Daredevil and XM Samurai Robin. Also looking at picking up a 1/4 scale Hulk at some point (I LOVE XM's Hulk Transformation but he is too big for my shelving).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:04 PM   #9502
schachi08
The Avengers

I am happy to have the X-23 EX finally in my collection. A real cutie.

schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:48 PM   #9503
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Makes sense. And there is no rush. It took me months to generally sell off some pieces and switch scales. With that being said, I still think there are A LOT of great 1/6 scale pieces I wish I still had. In the grand scheme of things, the key is taking enjoyment in what you have regardless of scale.

I have two 1/4 scale pieces on preorder - Iron Studios Daredevil and XM Samurai Robin. Also looking at picking up a 1/4 scale Hulk at some point (I LOVE XM's Hulk Transformation but he is too big for my shelving).
I keep eyeing that Daredevil from iron studios and I'm feeling it more than the Sideshow piece I have now but don't know on the fence. Man I wish XM had a licence in North America that way their pricing is the same as Sideshow. The delivery charge is insane. Last November was in Bangkok with the wife and we checked out this awesome store that had so many XM pieces on display it was amazing.
Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:39 PM   #9504
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
I am happy to have the X-23 EX finally in my collection. A real cutie.
A super fierce cutie, indeed
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:30 PM   #9505
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaelcab View Post
I keep eyeing that Daredevil from iron studios and I'm feeling it more than the Sideshow piece I have now but don't know on the fence. Man I wish XM had a licence in North America that way their pricing is the same as Sideshow. The delivery charge is insane. Last November was in Bangkok with the wife and we checked out this awesome store that had so many XM pieces on display it was amazing.
Yes, I have the SSC piece too. I like them both.

I wish XM could sell some of the Marvel pieces in America too (although Spec Fiction is a good place to buy them).
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #9506
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well in about less than 2 months I am out of my current shelf space since none of these (besides Jean & Captain Marvel) fit in an Ikea Detolf. When I finish my basement (which won't be for a while still), I plan on building my own display shelves.

I received BOTH Rogue & Spider-Man this week (I think I may have a problem), so I figured I'd just do 1 post instead of 2. Somehow the Red Ranger decided to join the team so don't mind him lol.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #9507
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Somehow the Red Ranger decided to join the team so don't mind him lol.

I can see Rogue putting her right knee into Red Ranger's back and pushing him to his death to make room for the next piece
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:45 PM   #9508
Gustavo Freire
Jubilee

Awesome collection! Congrats!
Gustavo Freire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 06:04 PM   #9509
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
I can see Rogue putting her right knee into Red Ranger's back and pushing him to his death to make room for the next piece
Lol brutal. I mean he does have backup if they ever would make the rest of the team ha.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #9510
Rafaelcab
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thumbs up

Just got these two in and easily the best pieces i own thus far. Only downside is i am still waiting for ikea to reopen so i can pick up a besta. Magneto is chilling on the box for the time being......Side not fabric capes are great for freedom in displaying options but if you are like me its challenging getting it just right.

Rafaelcab is offline   Reply With Quote