Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #31
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

After watching two episodes, I'm in. That said, it's middle of the road stuff... nothing I'll rush to see, but nothing I'll hate watch either.

The step/half sister is my favorite character. She was introduced as a trope, but a nice twist turned that on its head and gave her possibly the most depth of anyone on the show.

Kate and her ex are decent... I'm curious to see how that all develops. Luke is still more Alfred than Batwing, but I hope he develops more as a character, too.

I don't care for the dad... I hated him in episode 1, but he got a little more depth by the end of ep2. I hated Alice in episode 1, but she improved in ep2. She reminds me of a discount Barbara Kean from the Gotham show.

The step mother... is starting to feel like a rehash of Oliver's mother in Arrow. Before her reveal in the 2nd episode I forgot all about her.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #32
Lobotomizer
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yes.
That's gay
Lobotomizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #33
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
After watching two episodes, I'm in. That said, it's middle of the road stuff... nothing I'll rush to see, but nothing I'll hate watch either.

The step/half sister is my favorite character. She was introduced as a trope, but a nice twist turned that on its head and gave her possibly the most depth of anyone on the show.

Kate and her ex are decent... I'm curious to see how that all develops. Luke is still more Alfred than Batwing, but I hope he develops more as a character, too.

I don't care for the dad... I hated him in episode 1, but he got a little more depth by the end of ep2. I hated Alice in episode 1, but she improved in ep2. She reminds me of a discount Barbara Kean from the Gotham show.

The step mother... is starting to feel like a rehash of Oliver's mother in Arrow. Before her reveal in the 2nd episode I forgot all about her.
I think Nicole Kang is playing Batwoman's step-sister. Kate mentioned that their parents had been married for about a decade, and both characters are at least in their 20s. I agree she has turned out to be an interesting character, one with substance.

I'm surprised that Luke Fox is so...uppity, lol.

Glad to see Dougray Scott in a meaty role. I felt kinda bad for him when he got injured during Mission Impossible 2. He was supposed to be Wolverine, but after he got hurt, they casted Hugh Jackman instead.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #34
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I think Nicole Kang is playing Batwoman's step-sister. Kate mentioned that their parents had been married for about a decade, and both characters are at least in their 20s. I agree she has turned out to be an interesting character, one with substance.

I'm surprised that Luke Fox is so...uppity, lol.

Glad to see Dougray Scott in a meaty role. I felt kinda bad for him when he got injured during Mission Impossible 2. He was supposed to be Wolverine, but after he got hurt, they casted Hugh Jackman instead.
Yup, Nicole Kang is the sister... good catch on the ages.

Haha at Luke Fox being so uppity. So far I can't tell if they are trying to force the character into being that way or if it is another trope they plan to subvert later.

I didn't know anything about that with Dougray Scott. I don't think I care for him as an actor from the few roles I've seen him in. MI2 wasn't his fault... almost everything in that was so bad it was good back to bad. I've watched Dark Water and Hitman, but it's been years and I don't remember him in it. I do remember his role in Fear the Walking Dead, but I didn't care for him then either. Maybe this show can turn me around on him.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:20 PM   #35
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

What the hell Ruby Rose, I thought these actors were locked in for 5 years. As a fan of the show, i think it should just be cancelled. Incase you didn't hear, Ruby Rose quit.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #36
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I was shocked to read that as well. I did not watch the show other than the Crisis on Infinite Earth crossover and even though I thought she was good, I did not think she was anything spectacular. I am glad they are not cancelling the show and will continue with another actress.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:43 AM   #37
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
What the hell Ruby Rose, I thought these actors were locked in for 5 years. As a fan of the show, i think it should just be cancelled. Incase you didn't hear, Ruby Rose quit.
This is all I could find on it...

""While it isn't specified why she is leaving Batwoman behind, it's possible that there are health issues involved. Rose had sustained an injury early in filming the first season that left her with two severely herniated discs that needed surgical correction. She also has a history with spinal/back issues.""

Studios do allow actors to break contracts if it's mutual or if there are health reasons involved...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:04 AM   #38
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This is all I could find on it...

""While it isn't specified why she is leaving Batwoman behind, it's possible that there are health issues involved. Rose had sustained an injury early in filming the first season that left her with two severely herniated discs that needed surgical correction. She also has a history with spinal/back issues.""

Studios do allow actors to break contracts if it's mutual or if there are health reasons involved...
Now that you posted this I do remember she had suffered an injury and I truly hope she is OK especially with two severely herniated disc’s. That is horrible to hear.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #39
Augen
Metal Men

If she's injured that is really sad. Not sure how the show continues with a recast. Do they mention it and have a second Batwoman or act like same person?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:25 AM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If she's injured that is really sad. Not sure how the show continues with a recast. Do they mention it and have a second Batwoman or act like same person?
They had a similar issue with the show Spartacus where the main actor died from cancer after season 1, they replaced him with another actor that looked similar to him... You could tell it wasn't him but the show went on... I would imagine that DC will just replace her and pretend she's the same person...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote