Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-02-2012, 01:13 AM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Queen of Vampires Painted Pics

I checked my facebook page and Voila!!! this and the Valkryie statues have been posted on ARHs website/forum. Check this out. Nice and I love the base. I can't post the nude topless pics of her here but it looks tasty to say the least.

loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:23 AM   #2
dechirico7
The Flash

Way too similar to their cleopatra. same body, same pose, similar step-bases. I am disappointed. I was hoping she would be more ornated, but she is very minimal in detail. This is just another statue that fan boys can rip the clothes off of. I think Arh needs to sto focusing on the castoff clothes and more on the detail of their pieces.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #3
loricstone
Kang

Here is a quote from Arahom himself stating that the styrofoam that will be used beginning with Barbarian will be high quality styro. This is from the mouth of ARH, not mine.

This video is to show that our Barbarian AP is already on the make, and it should start shipping in a couple of weeks. We will ship it in its final box and with high density styrofoam! No more cheap crumbly styrofoam
Old 06-02-2012, 01:51 AM   #4
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Way too similar to their cleopatra. same body, same pose, similar step-bases. I am disappointed. I was hoping she would be more ornated, but she is very minimal in detail. This is just another statue that fan boys can rip the clothes off of. I think Arh needs to sto focusing on the castoff clothes and more on the detail of their pieces.
Did you buy the Cleo? Cause I sure didn't even though I thought it was a nice statue. But tons of people have been waiting for this statue, and is this the only comments you can come up with? Come on lady, you can do better than that!

I don't get folks. If you critique, state the good and bad points. All I see is bad, and never a mention on the quality sculpt or the flow of the gown (or whatever you call it) as she walks down the stairs. Never did I hear a mention about the solid paint job or the pretty cool base of candles and skulls along the stairs (even if it is similar to Cleo.....so what...its done well).

Clearly this statue is not for you Dech, and thats fine, but if you are going to critique it, it would be appreciated if you do it like one is taught in college when critiquing anything whether it be art or not.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:54 AM   #5
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
When i read this again, I am really dumbfounded by this. Now correct me if I am wrong, but we both like Vampirella, correct? I mean really, really like it. But I don't see her all ornamented out! So because she is not ornamented (even though she is....Crown, bracelets, armbands, detail on the gown, earrings, etc.) that makes it bad????

Help me out here.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:05 AM   #6
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

If you really want the good and the bad, here is my opinion of each.

I like the majority of the base, including the skulls, stone stairs and candles. I do not like the red bricks at the bottom.

I like the crown, it is pretty ornate and cool. However, it also reminds me of the crown Aaliyah wore in 'Queen of the Damned.'

I think the pose is extremely close to Cleopatra, therefore not very original. I also don't really get the costume. You have an old school ornate crown, ornate bra and skirt, gold bracers and then patent leather boots? Very strange, and not in a good way.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #7
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
I checked my facebook page and Voila!!! this and the Valkryie statues have been posted on ARHs website/forum. Check this out. Nice and I love the base. I can't post the nude topless pics of her here but it looks tasty to say the least.

wow i love it!!!!
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #8
kangaxx
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

shes kinda plain.
kangaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #9
johnclone
The Enchantress

I'm still taking it all in, but first impressions:

I like the hair, looks really good.

I don't like the way the cape is all one color on the inside.

I don't like the way the bra or whatever you'd call it is just hanging on with no straps or anything to hold it up. It worked somehow with Medusa, but I don't think it works here.

I do like the headress and arm bracelets, and I like the pose very much.

The body sculpt is excellent. Proportions are very good IMO.

Not a fan of the eye makeup.

The base is strong, lots of details. Skulls are cool, but they do look very similar.

I don't hate the boots, but think they could have been more interesting.

My major dislike is her face. Unfortunately I don't think the face looks that attractive, unlike many other ARH female faces, this one just isn't working for me. Maybe it is just that angle, or lighting? But the lips seem very small, especially for a character who's main focal point should be the mouth, since after all she is the queen of vampires.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:47 AM   #10
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
I'm still taking it all in, but first impressions:

I like the hair, looks really good.

I don't like the way the cape is all one color on the inside.

I don't like the way the bra or whatever you'd call it is just hanging on with no straps or anything to hold it up. It worked somehow with Medusa, but I don't think it works here.

I do like the headress and arm bracelets, and I like the pose very much.

The body sculpt is excellent. Proportions are very good IMO.

Not a fan of the eye makeup.

The base is strong, lots of details. Skulls are cool, but they do look very similar.

I don't hate the boots, but think they could have been more interesting.

My major dislike is her face. Unfortunately I don't think the face looks that attractive, unlike many other ARH female faces, this one just isn't working for me. Maybe it is just that angle, or lighting? But the lips seem very small, especially for a character who's main focal point should be the mouth, since after all she is the queen of vampires.
Now I can understand this critique. Thank you.