Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-22-2017, 01:30 AM   #31
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

I need an Iron Man and a Cap in my collection and was considering the new 5th scale line by SS. Now that I have a few of these on the way I'm thinking I'll continue building this line instead. This Thor looks perfect.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:46 AM   #32
SONICobra
Batman

that thor looks fantastic!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #33
gogo13
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Some of there Marvel, DC and StarWars portraits/poses look better than some other companies larger scale statues. Thor, Punisher, DP, Catwoman and Rhino all look exceptional. The major draw back is their cost.

If you want to collect a whole line. It gets expensive. Some 1/10 scale are a little over $100 but some are like Thanos 1/10 . The Thanos like diorama statues is around $460. In the middle range the new 1/10 statue like Thor,DD,Aquaman and superman are around $200. The prices seem to be steadily increasing for these 1/10 statues. The new norm for these 1/10 seem closer to $200 now.

I use to look at the prices of their statues in Brazil. It was a lot less before they arrived in the US. Now its harder to find what it cost in Brazil vs what it cost at BBTS or Secret Compass.

If a big distributor like SS would carry them hopefully the cost would drop. I could admire how detailed they are for there size. Something so small and detailed will really need strict QC cause customer are paying a premium for these High detail in a small package.
gogo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:50 PM   #34
built2shred
Phoenix

I bought Thanos Movie version for $280 from a Brazilian contact, along with several other older 1/10 statues you can't find anymore... He got them for me for retail or slightly above...

Now that Thanos has been sold out for awhile yeah the price has crept up to over $400, although that's just asking price.. I sold my Thanos on Ebay Auction and only got $220 for him the other day.. so people asking $400+ are dreaming IMO...

All the DC Movie ones have a global license so you can get those for around $100... The DC and Marvel Comics ones your looking at around $150.... And the more rare Comic Con Exclusive versions are $200+ but they don't make a lot of them so once they sell out prices jump pretty fast...

Right now Secret Compass has the most stable prices on them.. BBTS.com is all over the map for prices, sometimes they compete with SC prices but then will ask $200+ on other ones that aren't even Comic Con Exclusives...

I think what's happening now is the popularity of these 1/10 statues are growing which is causing the prices to go all over the place as retailers try and see what collectors will pay for them... If SS does get a license deal with IS to sell these it would stabilize the prices since I imagine the statue would be shipped directly to SS from the China factories...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:59 AM   #35
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Great looking pieces. Might pick up the punisher if I can find it for a decent price. I just can't see paying these prices for 1/10 scale...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:18 AM   #36
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Great looking pieces. Might pick up the punisher if I can find it for a decent price. I just can't see paying these prices for 1/10 scale...
People are paying $60-$80 for Figuart Action figures that are only 1/12 scale... If the quality is good people do seem to pay a premium for things... It just sucks IS doesn't have a global license for all their 1/10 statues except the DC Movie ones... Hopefully that will change which will bring down the prices..
Old 01-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #37
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I felt this as well. But after adding 4 to the collection, comparing quality and price as well as shelf space, I am happy and my wallet once again fears me !
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:24 PM   #38
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, I just can't see dropping the money they're asking right now, but I also remember when I said I'd never spend $300 on a statue...ah, silly me. If I had less on my list and more free money I'd probably dabble in this line. If they get a global license and drop the prices I'm in.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #39
GenMotors
Fantastic Four

Received Daredevil last night from Popcultcha. It survived the trip from Australia to NY perfectly. I recommend them if anyone is looking for a place to buy this line. Shipping for two 1/10 scale pieces was $15 and took about 7 days.
GenMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 12:55 PM   #40
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenMotors View Post
Received Daredevil last night from Popcultcha. It survived the trip from Australia to NY perfectly. I recommend them if anyone is looking for a place to buy this line. Shipping for two 1/10 scale pieces was $15 and took about 7 days.
What did you pay for Daredevil if you don't mind me asking?

I'm asking a contact in Brazil to see what kind of price I could get if I did a group buy for Thor for example, that way he can use 1 box to ship them saving on shipping costs, hoping to see if the price drops low enough I might be able to sell to members at a much cheaper price. Figure it doesn't hurt to ask