Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-14-2018, 11:55 AM   #501
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

That prototype is a thing of beauty. My Prime1 AK Catwoman waitlist converted last night, which I’m stoked about, but now, I’ll have to decide whether or not to keep this one. I swore to myself that I would just buy statues related to Batman and his Rogues gallery going forward as I need to start focusing my collection, but the ES on this one got me.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:58 AM   #502
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
In that case, it was either a production piece you saw or they have Photoshopped the pics.

Because here, there is clearly no gap at all.

If you look at this pic on a phone where you can easily zoom in, you do see some gap between the two strands of hair hanging down past her shirt.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #503
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
If you look at this pic on a phone where you can easily zoom in, you do see some gap between the two strands of hair hanging down past her shirt.
On my screen I see a thin shadow and the tip of a hair strand. But, it's clearly VASTLY different than what was shown in the unboxing video.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:15 PM   #504
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
The clean EX head isn't necessary anyway, IMO. She's a battle-damaged Terminator so a perfectly clean HS doesn't make sense.
Precisely. The clean head will nary see the light of day.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:34 PM   #505
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
On my screen I see a thin shadow and the tip of a hair strand. But, it's clearly VASTLY different than what was shown in the unboxing video.
I think you were more spot on about how they photo shopped the order page pics. Because when she was at conventions, the neck seam was just the same as the unboxing vid. The website photos were doctored, the statue has always had the same issues.

What I'm shocked about is that SS kept it that way. They usually do try to fix seams, if even just a little bit.

I do stick to my statement of her looking damn good though. It's a really great statue with an unfortunately managed attachment point.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:40 PM   #506
Nyxs
The Avengers

Cancelled her. Really disappointed in some of the changes to the face and the seam.
Nyxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:54 PM   #507
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I think you were more spot on about how they photo shopped the order page pics. Because when she was at conventions, the neck seam was just the same as the unboxing vid. The website photos were doctored, the statue has always had the same issues.

What I'm shocked about is that SS kept it that way. They usually do try to fix seams, if even just a little bit.

I do stick to my statement of her looking damn good though. It's a really great statue with an unfortunately managed attachment point.
That's really too bad. I didn't order this piece, but have always been super impressed with it, and it's so disappointing that something that would have been such an easy fix was overlooked.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:12 PM   #508
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I can't remember if the piece on display in San Diego was proto or production, but the gap was certainly evident there.
Someone said it was, though i don't recall which thread it was posted.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #509
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Well this pic is obviously taken from a convention floor, which one -- not sure. But in person, based on this pic, the seam was always very prominent. So proto or production, the neck seam was there for everybody to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #510
built2shred
Phoenix

The sad thing is it would of been a simple fix, just bring the sculpted shirt a tad higher on her chest and it would of hidden the seam.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote