Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-27-2019, 06:08 PM   #31
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Trying to get whatever the maximum amount of money is that you might be able to get for something does not make you a bad person.

I don't really get why the sellers are always vilified for charging what people believe to be an unacceptable amount of money but the buyers get no criticism/attention at all for paying it.

Yeah, I agree with this. If I ever sell my XM Magneto for example I'll probably check recent sold ones and price it similar.

However when he brings up scalpers pretty much(someone creating multiple accounts or using family members to get around the rules, ect.) then yeah that's kind of a scumbag move lol. Then there's good old Sean Sanders, receiving an Ex Thanos on Throne and pretending it didn't have an Ex portrait so he could get another for free...
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #32
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
I'm voting you leader
Sounds like I will be electing you to one of my cabinet positions my friend! We will ban high prices and do away with pesky margins. Your only reward will be the knowledge that you worked hard while receiving the same as everyone else. On second thought, kick back and relax type of administration. We are all gonna get our fair share anyways. Free head for all! I know I'm a big fan.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #33
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Sounds like I will be electing you to one of my cabinet positions my friend! We will ban high prices and do away with pesky margins. Your only reward will be the knowledge that you worked hard while receiving the same as everyone else. On second thought, kick back and relax type of administration. We are all gonna get our fair share anyways. Free head for all! I know I'm a big fan.
Wow, become a minion and get free perks...oh and head.
Wonder if it's that $400 head from the internet
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:06 PM   #34
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I don't like it, but I'm sure they'll get at least 50% of that somewhere down the road.

They probably set the price that high just so they can bargain with some schmuck, who will be that desperate for the EX Head and when they sell it for less, the buyer won't complain.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:20 PM   #35
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf65 View Post
Wow, become a minion and get free perks...oh and head.
Wonder if it's that $400 head from the internet
I was not thinking about the internet for head. But then again, that's a whole different topic for a whole after hours conversation. Since you can't use money for advancement, need to consider other ways of getting aHead.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:02 PM   #36
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I sold my Powergirl and Dark Phoenix Ex head both for around $200 when the statues came out. Knocked my cost down by half for Powergirl and $300 for Dark Phoenix.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:57 AM   #37
Djangocan
Fantastic Four

Don't like them base.
Oh sorry wrong thread.
Djangocan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:14 AM   #38
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'll put it this way...Why would I want to sell the EX head to my EX statue which essentially devalues the whole thing? Now if someone was willing to pay the whole statue price for the ex piece, I'm probably selling it. Free statue in the end.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #39
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
I'll put it this way...Why would I want to sell the EX head to my EX statue which essentially devalues the whole thing? Now if someone was willing to pay the whole statue price for the ex piece, I'm probably selling it. Free statue in the end.
yep agreed. The statue is not complete with ex parts sold. It just feels incomplete or danmagfe with missing parts imo.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote