Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #1
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Fight Night series

Just jumped back into FNC on PS3 and surprised how many players that are still playing online. I have so many hours in this game and have a love/hate relationship(the players that pick Tyson and Duran and run 10x more than Mayweather lol) with the game. I started the series with Round 2 and fell in love with the online competition along with hearing the trash talk, dirty messages etc. Lamotta was my man, he was a beast against anyone, not so much in FNC though sadly.

I really wish they would make a new game, especially since all the great talent and fights this past year. Imagine just the middleweight division alone:

GGG
Canelo
Jacobs
Cotto
Lemieux
Lee
Martinez

then the past greats

Robinson
Leonard
Hagler
Hearns
Lamotta
Hopkins
Monzon
etc...

Imo boxing just works so much better as a game than MMA as well. There's just something so robotic about the most recent UFC game compared to the years older FNC, as well as the fact that there's still quite a lot of online players. Makes me think there's potential there for a new game, what do you guys think?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:10 PM   #2
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

My top game for a new release...seems like it's been forever. Definitely potential for a new game with a slew of new adds...I just don't know if it would make enough money. Probably why we haven't seen one in years.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:23 PM   #3
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^Yes sir!

Really FNC is such a good game. Just had a match(ruined by bad connection unfortunately) where I landed a power straight right body followed by a power left hook to the head and right uppercut head(was blocked). The lag made it look like slow motion and it was beautiful, the rippling of the body and turing of the head from the hook....

Really they could release an HD version of the game with better graphics and add some new boxers: Needs Mayweather(cmon Floyd), GGG, Canelo, updated Jacobs with better stats, Rigo, Lomenchenko, Andre Ward, Kovalev etc. And PLEASE take away or reduce the body jabs effect of canceling other punches. In the game if you throw a power shot to the head(uppercut for example) and your opponent throws a weak body jab that lands slightly before or same time the body shot will cancel out your head shot completely. It will look like it lands but no connection or damage will be done. I'd like the canceled punch to be turned into a slightly less damaging shot at least, this drives me insane especially the players that will lead every combo with a body jab.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Philintheblank

Yeah, I'd be down for an updated version. I don't need a whole new game. Yeah, the mechanics aren't perfect in the series...FN3 used to annoy the ---- out of me with the hay maker counters. Pick Lacy for example...someone picks Jones...I throw a normal hook...they catch and throw the stun...repeat. Fun games, though.
Old 10-01-2017, 02:48 PM   #5
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, it's one of the only series that gets my blood boiling but amped up so much at the same time lol. I have fond memories of the games. Round 2 I remember going against the monster sized and stats CAFs with Lamotta and having back and forth battle where we'd trade knockdowns and it'd come down to the last round many times, a lot of brawls. If I remember R3(probably played the least) was kind of a counterfest where it was more akin to a Floyd wannabes dream. I think I hated R4 at first since it was so different than 3 but got into it later and played a lot.

Champion I played the most and actually got to rank 1 on xbox for a month or so when I played the most. I wasn't the best, the defensive guys would give me the most trouble but I could be competitive with most. I was a really high volume puncher but used head movement more than most of the pressure players. I went to PS3 as well to play the top guys and did fairly well. I eventually just got bored with the meta of the gameplay of the top guys which was basically land first and fish for counter sidestep uppercuts or backstep straights. It got to the point where every high level match was like this and it was the only way to win at the top level. I could be somewhat competitive against them but it was just too tedious to do game after game.

Sorry for the book, I had a big passion for this series lol.
Old 10-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #6
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Just had some player try the hit first and fish for counter style on me. I just obliged him and did the same but better haha. I could tell in the first few seconds he was going to do the "Floyd" style as they call it. We were both 160 Leonard and immediately he switches southpaw and starts sidestepping left and uppercutting as I approach him. I used to make the mistake of trying to pressure fight these guys and either succeeding with a late KO or losing a decision. The game really favors this potshotting with straights and uppercuts though, so I just did it back to him and built a big lead on the cards. By the last 3 rounds he looked more aggressive than Julio Cesar Chavez coming at me lol.

I really do hate this style but it's so satisfying when you beat them at their own game.
Old 10-01-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
Philintheblank

lol...I hear you, it does get old when everyone starts adopting the same strategy. Start using the same boxers over and over...boring after a while. Feels great to beat them, though. I remember a lot of jab fests in FN3 and yeah, FN3 was about counters and stun punches...or a bunch of jabs. ...or Roy's straight. Great game, though. I just hope they bring this back...if not Fight Night then some other title. ...Ready 2 Rumble?
Old 10-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #8
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'd love another boxing game. Some of these fighters are real tools about giving up their likeness. I'd love a game with a solid legends roster.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #9
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a game with legends too but I'd love to fight as some of the boxers that have risen to fame since FNC released. GGG and Canelo would probably be my go to guys lol. Maybe Floyd would consider adding his likeness since he said he's really done fighting. He'd probably want to be the highest rated fighter and honestly he probably should be close, I'd still put Ray Robinson first still.

Some other great additions that would be interesting would be the hws Wilder and Joshua. I'm not sure about Fury, he kind of lost his mind it seems after that win over Klitschko in which Wlad forgot to show up and fight. It really sucks Ortiz got popped for banned substance, that was going to be a real tough fight for Deontay.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:01 PM   #10
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the Ortiz fight may still happen. I heard it was some type of medication he takes that made him come up dirty.

As far as the game I want new fighters as well as a deep legends roster. I know it's hard though. Allot of the fighters don't want to give up their likeness for pennies. I don't blame them but it sucks for us fans.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote