Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

E3 2019

E3 this year has been an incredible showing. I'm 34 and still game as often as possible but I generally only get a few hours in a week so it takes me MONTHS to beat a game. This year's e3 has me concerned

Must play games:
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Avengers A-Day
The Outer Worlds
Star Wars: Fallen Order
Gears of War 5

No way will I have time to play them all! I am going to get absolutely lost in Cyberpunk. I have had an obsession with that retro future aesthetic for years. Maybe because I'm an 80's baby? But it is my phone wallpaper, I listed to synthwave and the list goes on. This game is made for me lol

What are you guys most excited about?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #2
Augen
The Hulk

Final Fantasy VII Remake is the only game I'm really excited about that was shown at E3. This year was odd with one of the big three (Sony) skipping entirely so as a primarily PlayStation gamer felt lacking.

I wish I could get excited about Cyberpunk, but first person perspective make it unlikely I'll play it.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
E3 this year has been an incredible showing. I'm 34 and still game as often as possible but I generally only get a few hours in a week so it takes me MONTHS to beat a game. This year's e3 has me concerned

Must play games:
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Avengers A-Day
The Outer Worlds
Gears of War 5

No way will I have time to play them all! I am going to get absolutely lost in Cyberpunk. I have had an obsession with that retro future aesthetic for years. Maybe because I'm an 80's baby? But it is my phone wallpaper, I listed to synthwave and the list goes on. This game is made for me lol

Cyberpunk, even though I generally don't like first person games seems like an experience I can't miss.

Marvel's Avengers is a day 1 buy.

Star wars Jedi Fallen Order is a buy.

Gears 5 is a buy.

Gods and Monsters is a maybe.

Its going to be an expensive year next year, including buying Xbox Scarlett.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #4
Mister H
Green Goblin

The Outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order and Cyberpunk. I still need to check out Red Dead Redemption 2 and Witcher III. I’m just finishing Kingdoms of Amalur right now. I’m way behind you J.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:18 PM   #5
ZenLogikos
Ultron
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Must play games:
Cyberpunk 2077
Doom Eternal
Avengers A-Day
The Outer Worlds
Gears of War 5

I agree with your list - all games I think I'll like - but for me, this E3 is just meh. None of those blow me away. They just look 'good'. Gods and Monsters too. Wish Nintendo would buy that off Ubisoft and turn it into a Kid Icarus game.

But then again, I'm probably more 'retro' over 'AAA' than most people, so there's some pixel/2D stuff I'm looking forward to. Bloodstained, Blasphemous, Darkwood, Cyber Shadow, 198X, etc.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 AM   #6
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
The Outer Worlds, Jedi Fallen Order and Cyberpunk. I still need to check out Red Dead Redemption 2 and Witcher III. I’m just finishing Kingdoms of Amalur right now. I’m way behind you J.
Oh Witcher will keep you busy, I've put over 350 hours into that game.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Definitely will be getting these

Cyberpunk 2077
Marvel's Avengers
Watch Dogs: Legion
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 09:49 AM   #8
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Final Fantasy VII Remake is the only game I'm really excited about that was shown at E3. This year was odd with one of the big three (Sony) skipping entirely so as a primarily PlayStation gamer felt lacking.

I wish I could get excited about Cyberpunk, but first person perspective make it unlikely I'll play it.
I really wish I was excited about that. FF7 is one of my fav games of all time and now the 2nd most time I ever put into a game. But the fact this is looking to be a PS exclusive, episodic release, and not a traditional turn based RPG really has me sour. All I wanted was the exact same game as the original but with better graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Red Dead was one of the best game I have ever played. period. A lot of people say the same about Witcher but I did not stick with that one.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:35 AM   #9
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
I really wish I was excited about that. FF7 is one of my fav games of all time and now the 2nd most time I ever put into a game. But the fact this is looking to be a PS exclusive, episodic release, and not a traditional turn based RPG really has me sour. All I wanted was the exact same game as the original but with better graphics.
Combat is only aspect that concerns me as I tend to be more turn based (why I love JRPGs). People keep telling me I'm old fashioned so I guess just the way the industry is going.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #10
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Was the Resident Evil 3 remake shown at E3 this year?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote