Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 12-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #21
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I gotta get a Banshee. Sweet! So is the Hasbro Marvel Legends the same line as the previous Marvel Legends, except that they're made by a different company? Same scale and all?
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #22
rychehitman
Galactus

yep...same scale and all.

Toybiz is no longer the company that holds the Marvel License to produce figures. HASBRO is the company with the license now. These are virtually the same pieces, but some different sculptors are involved.
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Toys are meant to be taken out of there packagings.Set them free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
this new packaging really makes no sense.

Does this ever happen to you guys....you start lookig through the pegs at the store (Toys R Us, Wal-MArt, etc.), and you come actoss a variant! When you pull it out from the rack, you find that the packaging has been intentionally bent so the figure is no longer truly "mint". Thats GOT to be the stockers of these items. The people who stock the toy aisles take a LOT of crap from variant hunters, and that is how they get back at them. One guy at Toys R US actually told me that they open the boxes in the back and bang up the variants on purpose (he was referring to hotwheels). That way word gets out to the hardcore collectors to not bother rampaging into the stores at dawns early light because they are not going to find any mint collectibles that are flip worthy.

The plastic clam shells REALLY cut down on that kind of behavior. Going back to cardboard is really a step in the wrong direction, IMO.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #24
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
this new packaging really makes no sense.

Does this ever happen to you guys....you start lookig through the pegs at the store (Toys R Us, Wal-MArt, etc.), and you come actoss a variant! When you pull it out from the rack, you find that the packaging has been intentionally bent so the figure is no longer truly "mint". Thats GOT to be the stockers of these items. The people who stock the toy aisles take a LOT of crap from variant hunters, and that is how they get back at them. One guy at Toys R US actually told me that they open the boxes in the back and bang up the variants on purpose (he was referring to hotwheels). That way word gets out to the hardcore collectors to not bother rampaging into the stores at dawns early light because they are not going to find any mint collectibles that are flip worthy.

The plastic clam shells REALLY cut down on that kind of behavior. Going back to cardboard is really a step in the wrong direction, IMO.
Agreed, the new packag style makes me sick, regardless of the collectibility or mint condition etc, the clam shell is still the best way to show off your figure(in package) and comic book background is always awesome.
I kinda get an idea when I constantly find those variant with ruined package...But do this intentionally is really unethical, can't believe what's going on in people's head, all twisted and full of poop.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:41 PM   #25
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Kind o' mad that they stopped shipping Marvel Legends figures up here. Last series I saw at Toy's R Us was the Giantman series.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #26
rychehitman
Galactus

they had Giant man at Toys r Us in (oh)Canada? I thought that was a Wal Mart exclusive???
Old 12-23-2006, 05:35 PM   #27
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

Quote:
they had Giant man at Toys r Us in (oh)Canada? I thought that was a Wal Mart exclusive???
The ones I seen at Toy's R Us was the series with Ms. Marvel and AOA Sabretooth.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #28
rychehitman
Galactus

yep. thats Giant man series alright!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #29
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I'm probably the last person on the forum to see these, but here are the first two waves of the Hasbro Marvel Legends.
The first wave builds Annihilius:

The second wave builds the Blob (my nephew is gonna freak out!):

MYSTERIO HAS GOT TO BE DOWN THE ROAD!!!!!! Gotta be!
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #30
The Fog
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Marvel Legend's, I just want to get rid of mine.
No need them anymore.
I liked them for a while then as they started making this an exclusive and that an exclusive, well you know the rest.
The Fog is offline   Reply With Quote