Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 PM   #91
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Mumm-Ra is little bulky, but the diorama looks great. With the exception of Lion-O's shoulder pad, I hope the rest of the statue retains his classic look and colors.

https://www.facebook.com/kinetiquett...09153749157758

"Here is the first look of our Lion-O vs Mumm-Ra diorama statue. The super dynamic scene depicts Lion-O and Mumm-Ra engaged in a fierce battle inside Mumm-Ra’s pyramid. Using the Sword of Plun-Darr as a shield, Mumm-Ra charges up an energy bolt as Lion-O, in mid-air, is in the midst of delivering a crushing blow with the Sword of Omens.

Stay tuned for more updates soon ! "

Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:49 PM   #92
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Awesome looking diorama.
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:41 PM   #93
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
Mumm-Ra is little bulky, but the diorama looks great. With the exception of Lion-O's shoulder pad, I hope the rest of the statue retains his classic look and colors.

https://www.facebook.com/kinetiquett...09153749157758
Thats what we intended. We wanted him to be really intimidating and large.

Lion-O's shoulder pad is removable

Having said that, we are actually doing tweaks to Mumm-ra and the size of the Sword of Omens
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:56 PM   #94
Statueenvy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetiquettes View Post

Having said that, we are actually doing tweaks to Mumm-ra and the size of the Sword of Omens
I'm definitely a fan of Mumm-Ras size in this.
Statueenvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:28 AM   #95
Rob N. Banks
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Put me down too as a fan of this Mumm-Ra. I like all the muscle mass he's packing and I like how this diorama piece is shaping up.
Rob N. Banks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:47 AM   #96
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Cool, I can live with it. Since Mumm-Ra can transform himself in any form, this seems in line with his appearances.
Quote:
Thanks. I was going through some of your previous discussion posts on the ThunderCats.org forum and saw that you did confirm it being removable.
Quote:
I saw some of the suggestions by fans on your Facebook page, regarding the sword size and Mumm-Ra's head size. Glad to know they are in the works.

So is this still geared towards 1:5 scale or will it be 1:6 scale like your Street Fighter dioramas?

And can we expect a pre-order on your site sometime in 2016 or is this still considered as part of Kickstarter as per your early discussions? I am speculating this to be in the range of $700-$800+

With Mattel figures rolling out this year, fans are getting what they always wanted in terms of ThunderCats merchandise. But statue collectors will indeed embrace this line. Depending on how well this diorama does, I know we can expect similar hero vs villain dioramas with other characters.

But even without other character dioramas in the future, this line won't feel incomplete as this diorama itself will be an awesome standalone display piece.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #97
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post

So is this still geared towards 1:5 scale or will it be 1:6 scale like your Street Fighter dioramas?

And can we expect a pre-order on your site sometime in 2016 or is this still considered as part of Kickstarter as per your early discussions? I am speculating this to be in the range of $700-$800+

With Mattel figures rolling out this year, fans are getting what they always wanted in terms of ThunderCats merchandise. But statue collectors will indeed embrace this line. Depending on how well this diorama does, I know we can expect similar hero vs villain dioramas with other characters.

But even without other character dioramas in the future, this line won't feel incomplete as this diorama itself will be an awesome standalone display piece.
We are probably not going with the Kickstarter plan. We want to release as many dioramas in this line as we can provided fans want them.

These are still planned to be 1/5. However we will price it as reasonably as we can. Do note that these will only have an edition size of 250 worldwide.
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #98
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Awesome, that sounds promising. Thanks for answering all my queries.
Old 06-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #99
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:

This is so awesome!

Will I be able to order this from the UK??
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:58 PM   #100
cgdc
The Herculoids

Looks amazing! Can you share the approximate dimensions for this? Also, what is the timeline for the full reveal/pre-order?
cgdc is offline   Reply With Quote