Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-18-2005, 04:39 PM   #1
Twocool4u1
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Identity Crisis Action Figures series 2. Turner inspired...

they look like crap. huge shoulders. flash's left leg looks larger than the other. black canarys legs are longer than her body and head. the first series looked good. i wonder what happened.
pics can be seen at www.comicscontinuum.com
Twocool4u1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Dude! They look awesome! Ray did the Hawkman sculpt also so everyone should by Hawkman just for that! I think they look good and can't wait for series two also. I really hope they can get a series three down!
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Twocool4u1

i like the first series but series 2 doesnt look that good. atleast from the preview pics. flash is the same as the grodd statue flash except he has both legs straight and a clenched left hand.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/6957.shtml

Old 07-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
bat_collector
Galactus

The batman rocks. Love captain boomerrang's kid too! Flash is great. The other two aren't that good. Mostly because I don't like the design for Black Canary.

Last edited by bat_collector; 07-25-2005 at 03:05 PM.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:21 PM   #5
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

What's up with Bat's head. It looked like someone took it and squished it from the sides.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
BillyPilgrim
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocool4u1
they look like crap. huge shoulders. flash's left leg looks larger than the other. black canarys legs are longer than her body and head. the first series looked good. i wonder what happened.
pics can be seen at www.comicscontinuum.com
Whoa - hold on - Dc Direct figures never look the same on paper as they do in production - Give them a chance to see the shelves Maybe its a combination of things that have them looking distorted like lighting or the angle from which the pic was taken.

Also the guy who sculpted some of these is a member who contributes a lot to this forum- try to be a little tactful even if they are less than perfect in your opinion
BillyPilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:14 PM   #7
Pogo4321
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Sure, like the Flash statue, no matter how good the sculptor lousy source material leads to unattractive toys. I wish DCD would put some of these talented guys onto better projects.

And as big a DC Direct fan as I am it's right to say their stuff doesn't always come out as pictured--Crisis wave 1 looked much better in pictures than what I've seen in the stores.
Pogo4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

I actually like the figures.

The only problem I have is that of Bat's head. The rest of his body looks good. The Flash and Black Canary I don't mind. Could care less for Enlongated Man (?) and Boomerang. Not really into them.

Some real time pics can be seen here.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:24 PM   #9
Twocool4u1

those real pics look so much better than the preview pics. still not digging elongated or black canary. but i will probably pick up the other ones. the JLA classified looks cool tool. need to buy the supes/batman when they come out.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:31 AM   #10
Mr. X
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocool4u1
those real pics look so much better than the preview pics. still not digging elongated or black canary. but i will probably pick up the other ones. the JLA classified looks cool tool. need to buy the supes/batman when they come out.
Between the Jim Lee Hush line, Alex Ross' Justice, and this line, I'm only interested in a couple of figures.

But with the JLA Classified Ed McGuiness lines, I think I'm gonna get all of them. They all look fantastic!