Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #101
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Yeah Ra's and Croc are also two others that would be up there.

The more I think about it though i just wonder how / why Finch decided to not include him. Maybe he just doesn't like him as a character which is fair enough.

This thing has potential breakages written all over it. Fingers crossed for all getting it that XM's packaging and QC is going to be up to the job.
Its constructed of a lot of individual pieces...so I don't have any concerns really about breakage. At least...I hope not.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #102
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

loric do you (or anyone else) have an idea of the dimensions?
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:57 PM   #103
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
This is a Rogue’s Gallery collectors dream come true. I POed it. I can’t see them screwing up the paint job on this. I agree though above, wish Croc and Ra’s were included. Oh well.
Croc's tail was in the base but I think that was removed. Didn't make sense I guess and it was hard to tell what it was if not told what it was. With something like this...its hard to omit some characters. Ra's I totally forgot about him. Killer Croc I didn't but I am glad to see someone new like Man-Bat who I have never seen in statue form before.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:02 PM   #104
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Maybe but Bane and Harley are more interesting characters and have been featured in a lot more comics then him... Plus at first glance Man-Bat looks like a vampire or demon up there... it's the only thing about the statue I'm not crazy about..
Im tired of that heffer!!
Old 09-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #105
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Couldn’t agree more!
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #106
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
loric do you (or anyone else) have an idea of the dimensions?
No I don't think so. Right now you have to eyeball it. If I was to guess...I would say its about the height of Optimus Prime holding his gun up in the air...and about 18" - 22" in depth. Optimus Prime is bigger depth at 24". That's about best I can come up with for now.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #107
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
No I don't think so. Right now you have to eyeball it. If I was to guess...I would say its about the height of Optimus Prime holding his gun up in the air...and about 18" - 22" in depth. Optimus Prime is bigger depth at 24". That's about best I can come up with for now.
Isnt that Optimus Prime like 40+” with the gun in the air? This is really that tall?

If so, I’m really awful at eyeballing the dimensions lol. That would put this as tall as the P1 Superman Hush statue.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #108
Demona
Martian Manhunter

This is one hell of a beautiful piece. It's statue art, plain and simple. Bold, unique, and a show stopper. We all know I'm partial to the lady statues, but if I had the resources I would buy this just for how amazing it is.

Catwoman looks wonderful and I want an entire statue with that sleek, slinky costume. Harley is well done, reminds me of the way she looks in the Alex Ross Joker/Harley cover, just turned towards Batman. Ivy looks pretty from what there is of her. Add in that you have Clayface (wow), Scarecrow (again, wow), Two Face, and Freeze -- this piece is firing on all cylinders with a mix of routine and unique Rogues. When this is painted up, the colors are going to look amazing.

Kudos XM. Damn fine Kudos. Can't wait to see how this progresses. I hope the XM boys give Finch one
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 06:59 PM   #109
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
If SS had just used Clay Face or Man-Bat instead of Superman I'd be buying that Batman vs diorama and that would make it easier for me to skip this.
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:05 PM   #110
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Yes but XM has the best packaging IMO so I'm not as worried. Putting this together will be like putting a puzzle together. Ugh. NYCC can't get here soon enough.
Yeah they have had the best packaging hands down but.......that said, in the last year I've had a few XM statues where there have been QC issues that have clearly just been let go or where the packaging should probably have been engineered differently. I had one part that looked like it had been glued back together and put in the box. I've had parts that have arrived snapped where it looked like they could've composed the piece or the packaging differently to avoid such issues (I'm talking about the power packs on Weapon X and Vaders cloak here). Oh and I've had some pieces arrive with damage and had replacements provided where the replacement part is actually different in structure / orientation such that it didn't fit in the original packaging (how you could send out a replacement part without checking that it actually fits into the original packaging / box is beyond me, but anyway). So my confidence in XM's packaging / QC is not anywhere near as high as it used to be. I would hope I'm in the minority on this though but a lot of the time issues like these don't get mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I’d respectfully disagree. Man-Bat really sets the top of this piece off IMO and receives literally no love in statue form. Riddler wouldn’t do the same in his place to me. That said Riddler definitely belongs here. Shame they couldn’t squeeze him in too. I’ll probably get egged for this but replacing Harley with him wouldn’t bother me a bit.
Respectfully agree with all those points. I really like Man-Bat personally. He's a far more interesting character than someone like Bane (for me personally). And yep, I'd 100% replace Harley with Riddler.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote