Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Was it? They named it "Modern Thing", with no mention of it being an Ex:

Thing

Modern Thing

It's the same case as the original Spidey PF and its variants. Those, too, were all apparently released at the same time (2006 for Spidey, 2008 for Ben):

Original

Classic

Negative Zone
If you read the description it was considered an international EX, however, the Original Gray Hulk was also considered an EX...which is weird. I'll Add it in though because it is a large change to the statue as a second version of the first PF.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:27 AM   #32
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
That's a tough one Shoo, that was considered an EX and I didn't add any other EXs.

Yeah, I'll add a couple of those but really, some of that is probably never going to made...I mean Boom Boom...really?

Are you positive it's 1/4 scale?

I'll add Doc Ock, that's definitely a glaring omission.

The Punisher Comi is not 1/4 scale.
Yes I’ve posed it with my other pieces he’s same scale as 1/4
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:32 AM   #33
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
If you read the description it was considered an international EX
Oh, yeah, you're right. I only looked at the big words. Anyway, that's just semantics, because...

Quote:
however, the Original Gray Hulk was also considered an EX...which is weird. I'll Add it in though because it is a large change to the statue as a second version of the first PF.
Exactly. ^_^
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #34
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Yes I’ve posed it with my other pieces he’s same scale as 1/4
Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Oh, yeah, you're right. I only looked at the big words. Anyway, that's just semantics, because...

Exactly. ^_^
Added
Old 01-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #35
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

ok... I dont get it...

I think the idea of the list is superb!

I was wondering why a comiquette or a maquette is in the list too. But okay, cause i also displaying them together with 1/4 scales. Now you got silver surver comiquette in the list. I said to you you missed punisher comiquette and get a notice, he isnt 1/4 scale. All the maquettes and comiquettes like silver surfer arent 1/4 scale too. So whats the point? clearing the list of them all or get all of comiquettes and maquettes into it. Otherwise you have to get Thanos, Silver Surfer out of the list too. They are not in scale of 1/4.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:45 AM   #36
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
ok... I dont get it...

I think the idea of the list is superb!

I was wondering why a comiquette or a maquette is in the list too. But okay, cause i also displaying them together with 1/4 scales. Now you got silver surver comiquette in the list. I said to you you missed punisher comiquette and get a notice, he isnt 1/4 scale. All the maquettes and comiquettes like silver surfer arent 1/4 scale too. So whats the point? clearing the list of them all or get all of comiquettes and maquettes into it. Otherwise you have to get Thanos, Silver Surfer out of the list too. They are not in scale of 1/4.
Some Comiquettes were actually 1/4 scale, the Silver Surfer is one of them, as is The Rhino, The Original Spider-man Comiquette and Evidently the Namor Comiquette.

Other Comiquettes were 1/5th Scale; Punisher, Daredevil, Hobgoblin etc. Were all 1/5th Scale Comiquettes.

So while I can include some Comiquettes because they were 1/4 others I can't. The Comiquette line was strange because it fluctuated in Scale so much, which what I think led them to discontinuing the line and instead now calling 1/5th lines Artist lines, and now all 1/4 are either PFs or Maquettes.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #37
RetroRules
Fantastic Four

Thanks for the list, very interesting.
RetroRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #38
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Some Comiquettes were actually 1/4 scale, the Silver Surfer is one of them, as is The Rhino, The Original Spider-man Comiquette and Evidently the Namor Comiquette.

Other Comiquettes were 1/5th Scale; Punisher, Daredevil, Hobgoblin etc. Were all 1/5th Scale Comiquettes.

So while I can include some Comiquettes because they were 1/4 others I can't. The Comiquette line was strange because it fluctuated in Scale so much, which what I think led them to discontinuing the line and instead now calling 1/5th lines Artist lines, and now all 1/4 are either PFs or Maquettes.
Disagreeing... Silver Surfer isnt 1/4 scale (he is bigger) and Thanos (smaller)
also isnt like some others from the list... okay. So its no 1/4 Scale list as in the title. okay. no problem.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #39
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
Disagreeing... Silver Surfer isnt 1/4 scale (he is bigger) and Thanos (smaller)
also isnt like some others from the list... okay. So its no 1/4 Scale list as in the title. okay. no problem.
How do you figure that Thanos is Smaller?

He's 20" sitting, Thanos comic height is 6'7" and David Igo even said they wanted to adjust his height more in line with 8'2" that the MCU was using. Which would make sense.

8'2" is 24.5 Inches. Are you saying that if Thanos was standing he would not be 24.5 inches tall?

As for the Surfer, he might be a tad over 1/4 scale, but he's still roughly 1/4 scale, He definitely isn't 1/3rd.

I feel like you're just arguing the point because you want me to add the Punisher Comiquette.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #40
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Nice list!
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote