Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 10-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #21
HereBeMonsters
U talkin' to me?

Look at it this way. You just get you drivers license and you want to be in the Indy 500.
If these pieces mean that much to you I would either hire a professional figure painter or put them away for a few years, learn to paint. get a few hundred pieces under your belt and then in a few years pull them out and have at it.
HereBeMonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #22
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
My thoughts exactly. Why risk F-ing them up?
Even if you mess up, you can just prime them again or strip them down and start all over.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:12 AM   #23
ScootS
Justice League

You should also 'pin' those kits as gluing only is not really enough.

My suggestion: Get a professional to paint or get more experience first. Don't waste your grail pieces.

FYI: My 2 stormrider kits are also in 'cold storage' .... I am planning to paint them when I feel up to standard
ScootS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:48 PM   #24
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

This seems like a pretty easy call to me. There is an unbelievable amount of talent on this forum. You can see examples of most of their work either at websites or picture trails. I have only had a few pieces pro-painted but for me there is no other way to go on your grails. If you want to practice and get good and make it your hobby, great, but to be realistic you would have to practice for a long time, maybe many years to get as good as some of the guys on this forum, assuming you have natural talent (I do not have any myself ). Seeing the ones that I have had done in person makes the difference even more striking.

RE Breakage, this is where you should spend your time. Send them in a box of feathers if you have too, but anything can be shipped if its packaged carefully enough.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:50 PM   #25
stormriders
Justice League

i'm finding out how much work has to go into them. i'm filling in the holes and cracks with easy putty before my painter paints it for me and it is tough. i'm going to get him to do everything on my next statue. at the rate i'm going, it will take forever.
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote