Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Friends of Northstar

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:15 AM   #4971
bat_collector
Galactus

Lol, I can respect you not liking hereoes.

But I gotta say I feel last nights two episodes were MUCH better than the whole of last season!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #4972
JonoJ108
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdoug View Post
Morning, FON!

Don't worry about not liking Heroes, Jono. We can't all like something that's awesome. :tounge: At least you replace it with highbrow entertainment like Dancing With the Stars.

Just kidding! Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks!
that's exactly right, Doug; nor can we all appreciate how pandery and half-baked overrated asinine entertainment can be! boo-YAH!

DWTS is soooooooo not highbrow & the pap they try to pass off as "human interest background" is truly, truly heinous, but then they actually all have to GET UP AND DANCE, so it's really fun (for me) watching for who can really deliver, who's having fun, who's a born performer, etc. plus, JEEBUS but it's campy--those outfits! the tans! Tom Bergeron!

something that i learned last night: no matter how much botox she has on that forehead, nothing, not NOTHING can disguise Susan Lucci's scary old lady bird-legs! GET HER IN A GOWN, QUEENS!
Old 09-23-2008, 09:52 AM   #4973
JonoJ108

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector View Post
Lol, I can respect you not liking hereoes.

But I gotta say I feel last nights two episodes were MUCH better than the whole of last season!
trimming my toenails is MUCH better than the whole of last season!

(now i'm just trying to provoke you)
Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #4974
JonoJ108

easy come, easy go: those 2 $85 Vindicator mb's are BOTH gone from the 'bay. BIN is not for the hesitant.

shake it off, shake it off.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #4975
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoJ108 View Post
easy come, easy go: those 2 $85 Vindicator mb's are BOTH gone from the 'bay. BIN is not for the hesitant.

shake it off, shake it off.
Stay with it champ...you can do it
Old 09-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #4976
superdoug
Minister of ROT

This is not a dig, but I really don't get how any comic fan could not like Heroes. I've been hooked from about three minutes into Season One. Granted, last season was OH SO weak, but that was on account of the writer's strike. If they'd had some rythym, it would have been much more coherent.

Dancing With the Stars is one of those shows that I can't watch because I don't have enough gay in my blood to appreciate it. I just stare at it thinking 'WHY IS THIS STILL ON THE AIR?' Jim's mom loves it, though, so he gets to hear about it every morning when they talk.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:12 AM   #4977
Avenger
Galactus

Quote:
This is not a dig, but I really don't get how any comic fan could not like Heroes. I've been hooked from about three minutes into Season One. Granted, last season was OH SO weak, but that was on account of the writer's strike. If they'd had some rythym, it would have been much more coherent.

Dancing With the Stars is one of those shows that I can't watch because I don't have enough gay in my blood to appreciate it. I just stare at it thinking 'WHY IS THIS STILL ON THE AIR?' Jim's mom loves it, though, so he gets to hear about it every morning when they talk.
I am right there with you on both points Doug
Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 AM   #4978
JonoJ108

Quote:

love the concept of Heroes, absolutely hated every second of the execution, tho. diff'rent strokes is right.

dancing with the stars is pure, goofy pleasure. i guess one either likes watching dancing or one doesn't, so there's probably few true "converts," but it's really fun to watch so-called stars taken out of their comfort zones. the athletes are always fan-favorites, & while i don't know who the hell they're supposed to be, it's kind of thrilling & joyful to watch them encounter this whole new form of movement & realize that it's just as athletic & disciplined as football, or whatever. it's democratic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
I am right there with you on both points Doug
two pinheads!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:22 AM   #4979
JonoJ108

by the way, i'm just SHARING, not arguing. by all means love your Heroes, rub yourselves head to toe while it's on & then go jogging during Dancing with the Stars. i bear no ill-will to Heroesophiles.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 AM   #4980
superdoug
Minister of ROT

I'm not offended, Jono! I was just twisting your tail a bit. I -have- watched DWTS, but only one season, and I think we started watching only because the writer's strike had eliminated all scripted television. It wasn't -terrible-, but it wasn't my favorite thing. I can't dance, though. Maybe that has something to do with it. That, and the songs they use for their dances hardly ever qualify as the style for the dance they're doing.

But I'll rub myself while Heroes is on and you can rub off to Cloris Leachman being wacked out. (I saw GMA this morning! I know she's lost her mind!)
Closed Thread