Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #101
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
Of course they are an issue even for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces. Why should any of those collectors place a preorder knowing that the price of the piece will be only half right after release? That's insane.

That's the death of a company like PCS - people not preordering anymore. And it's exactly what is happening right now.
Value is in the eye of the beholder. If a company creates something, places a price on it, and a buyer is happy to pay that price, then all parties should be happy. Should the price increase or decrease, so long as the buyer is happy with the product, what difference does it's value make?

Sure i understand, buying something, seeing it's price fall, and feeling it. It happened to me with the Gentle Giant Derby piece. I paid the price Gentle Giant listed it for. Search around now, and some companies are offering the piece at a lower price. The fact remains, i like the piece, it's a keeper, it's value to me remains the same

On the subject of pre_ordering, it's also happening to Sideshow, collectors waiting to see how the production pieces turn, before pressing the add to cart button.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:28 PM   #102
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
Of course they are an issue even for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces. Why should any of those collectors place a preorder knowing that the price of the piece will be only half right after release? That's insane.

That's the death of a company like PCS - people not preordering anymore. And it's exactly what is happening right now.
Exactly why I stopped pre-ordering the majority of licensed pieces. What's the point anymore when there's a firesale at the release time. This pretty much applies to most manufacturers... including XM.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 07:35 PM   #103
Redsaleen
Justice League

You think pieces will get made without preorders?? Your preorder is through sideshow, you have nothing to worry about.
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 02:37 AM   #104
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsaleen View Post
You think pieces will get made without preorders?? Your preorder is through sideshow, you have nothing to worry about.
That's right as long you are talking about new preorders. When it comes to existing orders from before the transition took place Sideshow won't do ---- if PCS goes bankrupt. And they don't have to.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 PM   #105
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Everything started off great, sideshow were able to identify the cancelled orders and refund amount (around 2k). Said it will take a few days if I take credit or few weeks if check in mail. I opted for credit and thought this shtshow is finally behind me.

After waiting a few weeks with nothing I followed up with ss, and am told now it will take 2-3 weeks more for all refund. Waited, followed up again after 3 weeks, been told it will now take 3-4 weeks more. And that was few weeks ago...

Looks like not much has changed, I honestly don’t give a sht anymore about the details, sideshow is on the hook for my refund, and I am going to keep calling them until I get it or I will file with bbb or ca ag, ca is pretty consumer friendly. I have all the emails saved of their broken promises.

Bunch of liars, all of them.
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:45 PM   #106
WolfAtTheGates
Doh!

Has anyone received any refunds that they are owed directly through PCS before the Sideshow agreement? 7 months waiting with all the usual bs, stalling and non replies that everyone has typically dealt with. Is there anywhere we can report these a**holes to a consumer protection and fair trade. I'm not sure what authority to use for the states? If you can't afford to refund customers in a reasonable period you shouldn't be in business.
WolfAtTheGates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:04 PM   #107
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

And you got people on this forum complaining about others complaining about how they are being treated. I always find it intriguing when this happens.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 12:26 AM   #108
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
And you got people on this forum complaining about others complaining about how they are being treated. I always find it intriguing when this happens.
It seems hard for those that feverishly wish for PCS to continue to grasp that's PCS's very existence to this point has been at the risk and on the backs of so many customers that are disenchanted with PCS.

It is as though those customers whose purchase decisions are partly due to PCS statues retaining financial value are somehow less valid than their own.

So far what, 1 person on this forum has said they Pre-Ordered the new Ryu? Such true believers didn't make PCS what it is nor will they be able to sustain it.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 02:08 AM   #109
addic
The X-Men

I think I will never ever see my 1200 USD again. The merger didn't change anything. PCS is still the same crooked company as it was before.

I can live with that. But I will warn everybody wherever I can and whenever there is the chance to not buy anything from those thieves.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:56 AM   #110
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Anyone planning on attending NYCC this week? If so will they be approaching PCS to ask about their refund status?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote