Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-27-2024, 04:35 AM   #71
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
We just need a head/neck bust in 1/1. But it needs to be based on the first film. For that I'd shell out the funds. You can't get a better JP prop..well maybe a 1:1 Velociraptor, full body piece.
Yes to both of those. Sign me up...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 05:02 AM   #72
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
We just need a head/neck bust in 1/1. But it needs to be based on the first film. For that I'd shell out the funds. You can't get a better JP prop..well maybe a 1:1 Velociraptor, full body piece.
Problem with these JP pieces is that they would have to be cast from originals, and need to be at least as good of a cast as Chronicle 1:5, no 3D modeling/printing bull---- imo as that wouldn't be original anyway and especially would never look as good.

And even by using OG models, they need to be properly painted to avoid this common derpy and super-cheap look:

And this ain't a china-factory-made bust from a statue company but a professionally painted SWS cast by a renowned artist.

Companies already struggle so damn hard to give us little statues completely faitful to the originals even when the smaller SWS maquettes are so easily available, let alone life-size where every issue is million times more noticeable.
Then if some want 13 feet Raptors sculpted by some random artist imagining by himself skin textures and wrinkles and all with a detail density necessarily not even a 10th of the original, with a JP logo slapped on it.. well that's just not for me.

But anyway, since this absolutely insane piece Queen delivered deserves the spotlight in my opinion:

What a DAMN BEAST.. Prime 1 massive 1:8 Rotunda looking like a Nanmu figure.

Congrats to every owner of this Jurassic grail.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote