Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-01-2019, 08:53 AM   #691
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
You were very positive about the new owners & the new PCS in general all the way up to the Sakura PO and wanted to pick her up...so whats changed in the last month or so?

Genuine question by the way, just adding this because i don't want you to take it the wrong way.
Hasn’t just been the last month. I stopped supporting them since last year. The whole refund stuff really bugged me as I saw a lot of good people who I’ve seen on the forums for years, stressing over not getting their money back. Anyone who genuinely asked in their Facebook group would get their posts deleted and that’s not how you treat your customers. Anyway I cancelled my chun-li’s and went through HELL to get my refunds from them.

I was always given excuses after I genuinely needed the money back and all I got was the run around for a long time. Even after the new owners took over, I helped out a lot on the Facebook page and on here too and I felt like I was being made a fool of for all the excuses as to why they can’t refund me yet and that I have to wait for them to receive some money from sideshow...Anyway I eventually got tired of waiting so I threatened them and then a week later I was given my refund straight into my bank account.

A shoddy business practice and company that really doesn’t deserve a penny from anyone, but of course some people will blindly follow them just because nothing has happened to them and they couldn’t care about what happens to others, just as long as they get their statues.. well not me.. I pray everyone gets their refunds but knowing the new owners who are probably broke as f**k from all the ---- going on that they won’t talk about, it looks unlikely anyone will get a refund...
SARFARAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #692
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Hasn’t just been the last month. I stopped supporting them since last year. The whole refund stuff really bugged me as I saw a lot of good people who I’ve seen on the forums for years, stressing over not getting their money back. Anyone who genuinely asked in their Facebook group would get their posts deleted and that’s not how you treat your customers. Anyway I cancelled my chun-li’s and went through HELL to get my refunds from them.

I was always given excuses after I genuinely needed the money back and all I got was the run around for a long time. Even after the new owners took over, I helped out a lot on the Facebook page and on here too and I felt like I was being made a fool of for all the excuses as to why they can’t refund me yet and that I have to wait for them to receive some money from sideshow...Anyway I eventually got tired of waiting so I threatened them and then a week later I was given my refund straight into my bank account.

A shoddy business practice and company that really doesn’t deserve a penny from anyone, but of course some people will blindly follow them just because nothing has happened to them and they couldn’t care about what happens to others, just as long as they get their statues.. well not me.. I pray everyone gets their refunds but knowing the new owners who are probably broke as f**k from all the ---- going on that they won’t talk about, it looks unlikely anyone will get a refund...

Good to hear man. I know we haven't always seen eye to eye on the forum but the past couple of years here have seemed like a battleground to get some truth out.

It's been an exhausting ride.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #693
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Christ... you know sh!t is real bad if SARFARAZ has completely flipped.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #694
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Haha just speaking my mind now. I’ve been on these forums for nearly 11 years and it’s a shame I hardly feel like coming into this section now, as it used to be the only section I would visit. Now it just feels like poison coming in here and that’s not because of the awesome people, but because of the awful stench PCS has left here..
Old 07-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #695
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Haha just speaking my mind now. I’ve been on these forums for nearly 11 years and it’s a shame I hardly feel like coming into this section now, as it used to be the only section I would visit. Now it just feels like poison coming in here and that’s not because of the awesome people, but because of the awful stench PCS has left here..
I understand man. I only come here to see the trash talk and to see if there are any developments about refunds for other collectors.
I remember us having so much fun on the pre-order days as well these statues having a really nice collectible turn around because at one point they were really high quality renditions of the characters!
Welcome back though!
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:35 PM   #696
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I wanted to get a refund but really wasn't sure if I was prepped for the uphill climb. Wound up getting Sideshow credit.

Appreciate the insight Saf! Will you be making it to Evo this year?
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 04:29 AM   #697
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I’m still here as I’m a Mod. I just don’t visit everyday like I used to and hardly come to the pcs section. Yeah it’s not like the good old days, right? Miss those. As for Evo, unfortunately I won’t be there, but maybe one day!
Old 07-08-2019, 11:34 PM   #698
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

As one of the 1st to sound the alarm on these dirt bags, I'm glad more people saw the light.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:33 AM   #699
KripkeAuto
Frackin!

So what's the deal with wait lists? Does Sideshow have the statue in stock or do they still have to receive from PCS? Just had one convert and I've been waiting for some time but--as usual--timing bad. I don't want to shell out for this and then have to chase someone like many of you guys have had to do.

Which brings me to some follow-up questions:

1. Is the problem with having past orders refunded by PCS and no issue with the actual products?

2. If there have been major qc issues, have they been addressed or are you likely SOL?

3. How do you get 20% off, as it's been mentioned several times?

4. Where are these stragglers coming from? Is PCS actually producing more of an edition than advertised? If so, is there a chance you'll get a return/damaged item in a wait list or are the Sideshow waitlists for all new ones? See #2.

5. Many of these are billed as 1:4 scale. But how big are the boxes on average? This would be going into semi-longterm storage as I have no room at the moment.

6. Will fit in the front (or back) seat of a car? I'm thinking of having delivered to a friend and go pick it up later.

And finally

7. Does Sideshow tax all states now or just as designated by your state law?
KripkeAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #700
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KripkeAuto View Post
So what's the deal with wait lists? Does Sideshow have the statue in stock or do they still have to receive from PCS? Just had one convert and I've been waiting for some time but--as usual--timing bad. I don't want to shell out for this and then have to chase someone like many of you guys have had to do.

Which brings me to some follow-up questions:

1. Is the problem with having past orders refunded by PCS and no issue with the actual products?

2. If there have been major qc issues, have they been addressed or are you likely SOL?

3. How do you get 20% off, as it's been mentioned several times?

4. Where are these stragglers coming from? Is PCS actually producing more of an edition than advertised? If so, is there a chance you'll get a return/damaged item in a wait list or are the Sideshow waitlists for all new ones? See #2.

5. Many of these are billed as 1:4 scale. But how big are the boxes on average? This would be going into semi-longterm storage as I have no room at the moment.

6. Will fit in the front (or back) seat of a car? I'm thinking of having delivered to a friend and go pick it up later.

And finally

7. Does Sideshow tax all states now or just as designated by your state law?

The best answers for these questions would be from Sideshow and your own experience.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote