Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #3171
chronos1919
Mephisto
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 433
I hope your assumptions come true. Would love a Storm PF. With an alternate Mohawk headsculpt.
chronos1919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:58 AM   #3172
chronos1919
Mephisto
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 433
Received the EX today. Everything appears to be perfect. Paint apps and fit.

I've owned three other Wolverine PFs and this really is the best they've done so far. Outstanding.



chronos1919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:17 AM   #3173
moyiori
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Received the EX today. Everything appears to be perfect. Paint apps and fit.

I've owned three other Wolverine PFs and this really is the best they've done so far. Outstanding.
I agree this is the best Wolverine PF, although it would have been cool if you could detach him from the torso, and swap him out with the Wolverine Bust coming out. Won't be surprised if someone tries this (also would be pretty awesome to see)

To me he's the best polished version of Wolverine, so many customs out there are great concepts, but don't look as good. Brown costume XM studios one might be up there as #2.

I have him to and love it...............that being said it probably be worth half as much in a 1-2 years cause 20 other versions will have come out.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #3174
nearmint
The Atom
 
nearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Secret Sanctuary
Posts: 6,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
although it would have been cool if you could detach him from the torso, and swap him out with the Wolverine Bust coming out. Won't be surprised if someone tries this (also would be pretty awesome to see)
I don't think the scales would match.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #3175
Rav
The Spirit
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
I agree this is the best Wolverine PF, although it would have been cool if you could detach him from the torso, and swap him out with the Wolverine Bust coming out. Won't be surprised if someone tries this (also would be pretty awesome to see)

To me he's the best polished version of Wolverine, so many customs out there are great concepts, but don't look as good. Brown costume XM studios one might be up there as #2.

I have him to and love it...............that being said it probably be worth half as much in a 1-2 years cause 20 other versions will have come out.
Agree with this whole post.

Best 1/4 scale Wolvie due to great pose, and brilliantly fully sculpt.

Too many iterations of Wolvie, hence price drop and cheapening of ‘collectible’ value. At this point, calling them collectibles is a misnomer.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #3176
GaryTonge
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
GaryTonge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 3,681
Congrats! Such an awesome piece!
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:54 AM   #3177
moyiori
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 170
It's called Wolverine iteration #200 common edition premium format
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:20 PM   #3178
chronos1919
Mephisto
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 433
Too many vocal people worried about value and new versions of characters. It's not like they re-make the same statue. The ones you buy will remain unique, just buy what you like and don't worry about re-selling.

Right now this is my favorite Wolverine. If a better one comes along I may sell this one at a loss and buy the new one, who knows. At least I'll enjoy it while I have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Congrats! Such an awesome piece!
Thanks!
chronos1919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 PM   #3179
Rav
The Spirit
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Too many vocal people worried about value and new versions of characters. It's not like they re-make the same statue. The ones you buy will remain unique, just buy what you like and don't worry about re-selling.

Right now this is my favorite Wolverine. If a better one comes along I may sell this one at a loss and buy the new one, who knows. At least I'll enjoy it while I have it.



Thanks!
Have you sold any statues at a loss to date?
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 PM   #3180
chronos1919
Mephisto
 
chronos1919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Dover, NH
Posts: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav View Post
Have you sold any statues at a loss to date?
Absolutely. I buy and sell a lot of things because my interests change quickly. Some times I make money, sometimes I break even, sometimes I lose money. Just the way it goes. If I were worried about profit I would find a better investment.
chronos1919 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com