Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-19-2019, 07:34 AM   #1
Frankierock
Omega Red

Getting sick of Ubisoft

Ok first off let me say that I love a lot of Ubisoft's games .
What I am getting Sick and tired of is that they have been putting the games on sale way to fast..so loyal gamers of theirs are getting screwed..case in point
I purchased Assassin's Creed Odyssey when it came out..little more than a month later it was 50-60% off. Than this past month Far Cry New Dawn is released...today 50% off. WTF!?
Look I like when games are on sale, but when games people know and love like these two franchises, can you please give it 6 months before screwing us over..or at least offer some really good content you will only get with a pre-order...not just skins.

I will say this in closing, Far Cry was the last game I'll buy from them on launch... was going to get the Division 2, but I'll wait until next month.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
risingstar
Jedi Order

Same thing with Blurays, most variant covers, most statues, almost anything... It looks like you ansered your own Q. Just wait until the hype dies down. The reality is that the cool kids typically want to be the first to say "I played it", and for that bragging right, it will cost you...
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I've seen the pattern and just capitalize on it. Got the last 2 AC games 60% off. Patience pays off in video games my friend!
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:09 PM   #4
Y3E
Gen 13

Yep, definitely agree. Don't pre-order unless you really, really want something, like a pre-order bonus. I just bought the brand new AS: Odyssey Gold ed for $70 (reg $140)and COD BO 4 Pro for $60 (reg $160 cdn).
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:35 PM   #5
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

It's not just Ubisoft. Aside from maybe a select few Nintendo titles, no games released today retain their value.

There's absolutely no reason to pre-order anything unless you feel like you have to play the game immediately. Or unless it has some sort of deluxe edition with a cheap, dinky statue you feel like you absolutely need to have.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 02:34 AM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

When it comes to video games I always wait 4-6 months before buying because you can usually get them for 20%-40% off... if you wait almost 12 months you can get them for like 80% off...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:52 AM   #7
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I pre-ordered MK 11 as I knew I wanted to play it day 1. I even took the day off work. Did the same with Red Dead. But aside from a few select games I know I won't mind paying top dollar for, I just wait for sales. Back when I was younger I always wanted to be amongst the first to play a game or get a dvd from the store. I do not care about that at all these days.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I wish I could do that but you wait so long for them and I feel I have to get them release day. Like I can't wait for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 any longer. Do you guys buy physical copies are just download to ps4 or xbox?
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 02:08 PM   #9
moonmonkey
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I buy the physical copy. I need that disc! Only buy digital games when the sale is too good to pass up or its an indie game.
moonmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:13 AM   #10
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I usually like buying physical because then I can trade it back in to Amazon for a gift card toward another. But I like how you can get the digital version quicker lol.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote