Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

» Spotlight
DGK Diamond Select Premier Wolverine Statue DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF Reviewer
 
DeadGhostKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 8,180
Star Wars TROS Rey 1/7 ArtFX Statue

Thought this one deserved it's own thread.

Always loved the ArtFX stuff from Koto so happy to see a Rey in the line and i honestly think she looks pretty great, really like the pose and likeness is pretty good!

http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000003484/





DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,064
Nice looking statue but after TLJ I've lost all interest in the Rey character.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #3
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF Reviewer
 
DeadGhostKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 8,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Nice looking statue but after TLJ I've lost all interest in the Rey character.
Honestly i had no problem with Rey in TLJ, i thought she was great training with Luke and Daisy Ridley is still as likeable and charming as she was in Force Awakens.

It was pretty much everyone/everything else that i had problems with lol
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Honestly i had no problem with Rey in TLJ, i thought she was great training with Luke and Daisy Ridley is still as likeable and charming as she was in Force Awakens.

It was pretty much everyone/everything else that i had problems with lol
I'm not really sure you call that training, the majority of the time it was just her following him around as he tried to ditch her.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #5
ddarko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 144
I hate TLJ, but was thinking of getting it for a female Jedi. But that pose just feels off as time goes on. Why is she twisting around like that? Its like she is exercising her obliques/core.

Just feels weird and she is pricey for a casual purchase!
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 08:31 PM   #6
ddarko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not really sure you call that training, the majority of the time it was just her following him around as he tried to ditch her.
Not to sidetrack, but this^.

She never really trained. I suppose the third one seems to be on course to "reveal" something like she was a clone of some powerful Sith or Jedi, maybe genetically engineered for maximum force proficiency, or something like that. It might add some lore credibility to how she suddenly went from relative nobody to crazy powerful in matter of days (not even sure since the TLJ timeline is messed up to begin with). But at this point, I am not holding out for hope! Will just buy it when it comes out on disc if the reviews are decent......
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:08 AM   #7
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF Reviewer
 
DeadGhostKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 8,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm not really sure you call that training, the majority of the time it was just her following him around as he tried to ditch her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Not to sidetrack, but this^.

She never really trained. I suppose the third one seems to be on course to "reveal" something like she was a clone of some powerful Sith or Jedi, maybe genetically engineered for maximum force proficiency, or something like that. It might add some lore credibility to how she suddenly went from relative nobody to crazy powerful in matter of days (not even sure since the TLJ timeline is messed up to begin with). But at this point, I am not holding out for hope! Will just buy it when it comes out on disc if the reviews are decent......
Yeah training wasn't the right word but i think out of most in the movie she was one of the ones i didn't think was dumb or annoying....Poe, Finn, Rose, Holdo...etc movies a train wreck imo but i didn't come away disliking Rey is the point.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:26 AM   #8
built2shred
Cyclops
Adamantium Plus Member
 
built2shred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yeah training wasn't the right word but i think out of most in the movie she was one of the ones i didn't think was dumb or annoying....Poe, Finn, Rose, Holdo...etc movies a train wreck imo but i didn't come away disliking Rey is the point.
fair enough
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF Reviewer
 
DeadGhostKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Stoke, England
Posts: 8,180
https://www.kotous.com/retailstore/s...fx-statue.html

$180. I didn't think it was gonna be more than $150 tbh.

For $180 i'd expect a switch out arms or a light up saber at least.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com