Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
That's awful!!
Yeah.. dumb kids. No respect.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:14 AM   #22
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
So Storage Wars is fake also? That show can be entertaining especially when they go at each other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
yup
"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppppp!!!"

I had a feeling this would be too good to be true! Every week you find antiques and valuable stuff. Old comics and cash hidden behind old paintings?! Blah!

My favorites are still Pawn Stars and Kings of Restoration. Those shows rock!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:29 AM   #23
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
My father's Mother raised three boys, and she had Avengers #1, X-Men #1, etc etc.. you name it.. from the 50's on up at her house.

I knew about it, but was told not to take them when I was a kid (and collecting).. so I didn't. Plus, they weren't mine to take.. they belonged to my dad and his two brothers.. we used to have conversations about the difference between comics when they were kids vs. what they are now.

The middle son (my Dad's the oldest) had two sons, the oldest being 10 years younger than me (I'm 36).. about ten years ago, I go back to my Grandma's house, and the comics are GONE...

..after telling me once not to take them, after my knowing how much they were worth, and wanting to frame them/keep them as much as sell them.. I find out from that thieving cousin's younger sister that he took and sold them all to pay off gambling debts.

My father and I own a cabin at Lake Tahoe.. he lives out of state, so I picked up it's maintenance/etc since we ski there almost every summer. I have tpbs/individual comics inside a windowseat there, with a note taped to the bottom of the seat (you see the note when you open the seat) saying "These are for EVERYONE! If ANY of these are missing, I know who took them (meaning you, Tommy and Joseph), and I will make your lives Hell every year you come up.. you know why." ~ which basically means I won't ski them, or won't give them access to the cabin. My Dad may invite them up, but I won't.

Anyways, yeah.. they were in good condition; would've been interesting to see what they were worth.

Brought this up before on SF... still frustrates me.
Wow! Sorry to hear that. I'd be homicidal if I were you. Can totally understand the frustration. Just reading that has raised my blood pressure already!

We always inherit crap relatives somehow or other.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #24
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

yeah watch the shows, a buddy of mine has been on another show produced by the same company and he asked them about the "finds" and they told him all planted.. I just like seeing the crap the are suppose to find. lol Pawn stars pisses me off lol I cant figure out why people bring collectibles to a pawn shop ughhh
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:33 PM   #25
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
yeah watch the shows, a buddy of mine has been on another show produced by the same company and he asked them about the "finds" and they told him all planted.. I just like seeing the crap the are suppose to find. lol Pawn stars pisses me off lol I cant figure out why people bring collectibles to a pawn shop ughhh
I was just in Vegas and visited the Pawn Stars shop. Got to look around for about 5 minutes before the kicked everyone out for filming. The place was packed! Never seen so many people in a pawn shop.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #26
Underdog07
Hercules

I like these shows. You can tell they at planted because of how they come up in the locker.

As for the pawn stores, people take Pricey items to get on TV and they are clueless as to value
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote