Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Penn state sex scandal

I reallydont get those people who are backing the coach. Imo, he crossed the moral/ethical line not ensuring the police knew about this abuse.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #2
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
I reallydont get those people who are backing the coach. Imo, he crossed the moral/ethical line not ensuring the police knew about this abuse.
Me neither. IMO they all should get locked up. F'n idiots.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #3
dr_teng

What I've heard from people in the area is that a lot of the people there worship him as a hero and hold the football program as borderline religious. It's pretty rare for me to be disgusted by people's behaviour but those riots in support of Paterno definitely fit that ticket.
Old 11-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #4
patrickwm68
The Flash

The whole thing just blows my mind, covering up child rapes to protect a football team? Unbelievable. And how did those guys work side by side with Sandusky knowing what he was doing? And this McQueary guy who witnessed a rape first hand and didn't try to stop it or call the police. How the hell does he live with himself?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
The whole thing just blows my mind, covering up child rapes to protect a football team? Unbelievable. And how did those guys work side by side with Sandusky knowing what he was doing? And this McQueary guy who witnessed a rape first hand and didn't try to stop it or call the police. How the hell does he live with himself?
To me McQueary is just as bad as Sandusky. What a momo.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
The thing is that Paterno and the University have always stated time and time again how their program has better standards than others and have never had any problems or incidents. I guess that is true if you just ignore something you know is going on and cover it up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
greatwall
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well said. I hope these people get, whats coming for them. Raping is so freaking wrong but a child with the same sex. You are one sick mother----er. When they are found guilty and have to serve time in jail. They will have their ass whoop in there.
greatwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #8
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I think they did the right thing by firing him but, they should have fired EVERYONE who knew about it. Especially, since they've known about him since '99.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #9
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just goes to show that "the game" is more important to some sports fans than human decency.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

$$$$ before kids that's why they did it.
And the mother who knew about her kid taking a shower with a grown man should have went to the police the real ones.
I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg I bet my good eye lots of kids have been raped and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the parents have been paid off as well.
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote