Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #41
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Sorry I can't help you out on that one Luminous. But it looks like I'm not the only one that feels that way.

The Hulk will be one we will just disagree on.....now Transformers is a different beast.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #42
Flopturnriver
Frackin!

Cap: Tie (compared to new SS, XM wins, but original PF... Tie IMO)
Hulk: SS (I love the Hulk Maquette)
BW: XM
Wolverine: XM (I have the SS Ex PF Wolvie, but XM's looks sick)
Iron Man: SS (Mark VI Maqutte is awesome!)
Hawkeye: XM

XM: 3 SS: 2 Tie: 1
Flopturnriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #43
Smbdyfnkillme
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Adamantium Plus Member

I have the Hulk Maquette, but it's not that great. The body looks a little flabby to be the Hulk. XM's Hulk is more of what I picture the Hulk to be.
Smbdyfnkillme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 PM   #44
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flopturnriver View Post
Cap: Tie (compared to new SS, XM wins, but original PF... Tie IMO)
Hulk: SS (I love the Hulk Maquette)
BW: XM
Wolverine: XM (I have the SS Ex PF Wolvie, but XM's looks sick)
Iron Man: SS (Mark VI Maqutte is awesome!)
Hawkeye: XM

XM: 3 SS: 2 Tie: 1
This list is pretty much where I am as well. However, I still like the New SSC Cap
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #45
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
You were losing me with the whole "landslide" thing, but I was out the door when you gave XM Hulk the advantage. That thing is.... no.... just no.
Couldn't agree with you more on the hulk. Ss maquiet for the win

IM 42 i give to XM- I know im in the minority but i like his pose and i like all the options. I could see where otheres would give it to SS though

BW- hands down everything but the face is great for me. I love the lightpost gait base. Again with SS we have a loose fitting material. Cant see a lot of the curves.

I havnt been around either of caps so..i cant judge.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM   #46
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

To me this all comes down to personal preference. There is no clear winner or loser per se because some folks are going to like different pieces for different reason. For example, I personally prefer the head sculpt, mask and pose on the XM, but I don't feel in any way that it blows away the Sideshow version. I was all set to buy the XM Cap, but then I spent some time looking at the original SS PF and decided against it. Wolverine is a little tougher because I have both the original comiquette and the PF and both of those are absolutely fantastic. I will probably pick up the XM because it too is amazing. Again I don't think it blows away the SS, but I so wish it was the brown version because picking it up would have been a no-brainer instead of ending up with three yellows. I still own the original PF Hulk and have the three new ones coming (where I'm going to put them I have no idea). I briefly thought about selling the PF but it's just too cool. As for the XM I was not crazy about it until I saw the second portrait. To me that one looks like the best companion piece to go with the Avengers, whereas SS's first Hulk is a better standalone, and the new ones work better as stand alones or part of a gamma army. The XM looks to have better detailing and attitude as well. The sculpted shirt doesn't bother me although having the option would have been nice.

I think there is some bias creeping in because folks have been POed with SS over the years for everything from crappy QC, to foot dragging on producing most wanted pieces, to poor design. Believe me when I see SS throw out less than stellar pieces like Jean Grey, White Queen, Daredevil and Sentinel (not to mention ignore characters like Phoenix and Magneto) I want to throw their asses under the bus as well. I'm thrilled to have XM in the game and think the competition will only be a good thing, but I'm also glad that SS has made it possible to collect some great pieces over the years.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #47
Darth Mystery
Loki

Give XM a Star Wars license please
Darth Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #48
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

XM and Sideshow boosters PLEASE READ

Thread moved to the neutral grounds of the "General" Section in the interest of fairness to both companies and their supporters.

If we can also start using this thread, or others in this section as you see fit, so that the constant hijacking of threads in the Sideshow and XM sections can cease that would be ideal. As Hellboy mentioned in the SSC section there will be a degree of cross talk, especially when both companies have a forthcoming offering on the same character, but it is getting a little ridiculous.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #49
yeek
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Captain America: Original SS Cap > new SS Cap > XM. Just my preference, I like more realism and I absolutely love the original Cap by SS. One of my favorite statues to this day still.

Hulk: Original SS Hulk > SS Hulk Maquette > SS new Hulk > XM. I'm not crazy about the torn shirt on XM's version. Wish he was just shirtless, the XM size is really nice though.

BW: XM > SS. Any day of the week. XM's looks good and displays with so many cool options. A great piece of work by them.

Hawkeye: XM=SS. I know some people don't like the "cartoony" colors of the SS version but I like it. It's the style of Hawkeye I grew up reading. XM's is nice for realism and options for sure. To me, it's almost like both companies did a switcheroo with this piece. It's opposite of their portrayals of Captain America. So if you say XM's Cap is too cartoony, then you have to say SS's Hawkeye is the same.

IM: XM > SS. I like XM's so far, never was a fan of SS's IM's.

Wolverine: XM > SS. XM's is just excellent. Great pose, a lot of display options, and an awesome base. The sculpting and detail are so far looking real good.

Thor: XM > SS. Can't really make a true assessment on XM's yet because it's unfinished/unpainted but it's looking really good. Looks like he'll have a lot of display options and I love the pose that he's looking at you and being God-like. SS's is still great, but I never liked that he was looking up. I just hope XM's Thor is more muscular and built like a tank because that's what he needs to be.
yeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:46 PM   #50
Y3E
Gen 13

I don't have either SS Cap PF or XM Cap but judging by pics, SS Cap all the way but I am bias, I love mixed media. Plus, I like the heroic, noble look of SS Cap.

BW from SS and XM a tie. Like the realism of SS and like the incredible amount of switchout in XM

SS Hulk blows away XM Hulk. The XM Hulk anatomy does not look good IMO. Especially the torso. I don't mean to offend the sculptor but it looks flat and out of whack. Visually remove the shirt and there looks to be too much dead space on the left side of the torso. The face need work too. I will admit, the SS right should muscle is odd looking too but overall a better piece
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote