Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-07-2018, 09:59 AM   #61
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
It’s great but not $800 great.
Agreed. And I really don't like the cutouts on the helmet.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:59 AM   #62
actionjackson83
Midnighter

it's as big if not bigger than some of SS's larger characters in 1/4 scale so if ss gonna charge $1200 for that, then this is definitely worth $800 in the complexity of the base design, and I like this particular design of Juggs. This will probably end up weighing about 40-70lbs in polystone as well...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #63
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Yeah we have to get out of the habit of just looking at the scale. So much is going on with these statues now that scale is just one of many things to consider.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #64
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Great post Commander. Juggs is bigger than most 1/4 pieces plus XM described just who these are for....collectors that want the most fantastic dynamic statues of Marvel characters at 1/7.

So rest assured Spiderman isn't going to be $800...but due to all the extravangant stuff going on on each of these pieces....they will be much more than anything this size...and I am absolutely happy about it.

I'm all about extravagant exciting dynamic based statues!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #65
built2shred
Phoenix

It does get annoying when someone says but you can buy this 1:4 SS PF for $500 why spend $800 on a 1:7, what they don't mention the SS piece is basically standing on a basic round base and nothing else... I realize some people prefer the basic museum pose, so the statue stands out, but I do think there are collectors who like big dynamic bases as it actually helps tell a story...

You just have to keep in mind having these complex big bases does cost money... So people shouldn't be so quick to say that "oh it's 1:7, at that price it's not worth it", what they should say is I prefer a statue with a plain base for a cheaper price.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #66
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Well said.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #67
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I really, really like this piece; it sure does look amazing!
The base shows incredibly well how much damage The Juggernaut can do when he decides to plunge forward.
It gives this piece a unique, very dynamic feel and presence and it's an awesome display of Juggernaut's might and power and the danger he represents.

I am sorry for asking but did XM Studios officially announce the price for this statue is going to be USD 800.00?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davide87ita View Post
Curious to know dimensions of this one or have comparative photos with others statue

Btw here some images of sculpt from Caleb
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mBqXv
Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:37 PM   #68
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
I really, really like this piece; it sure does look amazing!
The base shows incredibly well how much damage The Juggernaut can do when he decides to plunge forward.
It gives this piece a unique, very dynamic feel and presence and it's an awesome display of Juggernaut's might and power and the danger he represents.

I am sorry for asking but did XM Studios officially announce the price for this statue is going to be USD 800.00?

Rainer
Yeah XM released it's price list for the convention, Juggernaut was listed as $1099 SGD which is roughly $797 USD.

Add Shipping and your looking roughly at $1000 delivered to your door... The only thing that might lower that price is if it's a world license, if so might be less, will have to see what kind of deal Speculative Fiction can offer on him..

But that price does tell me 1:7 Juggernaut is probably as big as a normal size 1:4 statue if not a tad bigger...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:42 PM   #69
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Not really feeling this shade of red on his armor.

NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #70
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Not feeling this juggernaut so far, the colors just don't seem right to me. His helmet and everything on his arms are candy paint but his body is colored so dull. It just looks off to me.

Patiently awaiting to see what sideshow has to offer.
Zombiez is online now   Reply With Quote