Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 03-19-2019, 07:36 PM   #191
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

I have finally received the regular locally, and I like it as much as I was hoping I would. The paint is great, except that I think the bow tie could’ve been painted/sculpted/detailed a bit better.

Love the display options, but my only query is in regards to the foam/felt padding under the right foot. Why do you think this was done? Was it because if it wasnt there, the toe of the boot could scrap along the headstone and prevent it from resting the flat ledge? Or is it because even without the padding on the foot, the foot wouldn’t rest on top of the ledge to begin with, possible indicating poor engineering on the production piece and this was just the easiest fix? Or was it always intended? I’m also concerned where the centre of gravity is with this piece, as I wouldn’t want the body of the statue to start leaning to it’s left.

And damn is the base bigger and heavier than I thought it would be in hand.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:46 AM   #192
vKevinnn
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Sideshow wants to charge me $150 to California! And they’re in California!! I’ve asked to cancel and I’m awaiting a response but it would suck to lose the NRD and my rewards points. May as well keep it at that point even if it’s ridiculous
vKevinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:04 AM   #193
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vKevinnn View Post
Sideshow wants to charge me $150 to California! And they’re in California!! I’ve asked to cancel and I’m awaiting a response but it would suck to lose the NRD and my rewards points. May as well keep it at that point even if it’s ridiculous
Yep, the pricing for the shipping is unfortunate, but it looks like the pricing on a lot of the large boxed Prime 1 pieces are getting uniform or similar pricing no matter where you're located.

From people who have posted on the forums, AK Joker had shipping from $150 to $218, and AO Joker was $132 to $149. Whereas Doomsday had a price of $275 for all of US and Canada.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:59 AM   #194
NewbCollection
Doh!

costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Yep, the pricing for the shipping is unfortunate, but it looks like the pricing on a lot of the large boxed Prime 1 pieces are getting uniform or similar pricing no matter where you're located.

From people who have posted on the forums, AK Joker had shipping from $150 to $218, and AO Joker was $132 to $149. Whereas Doomsday had a price of $275 for all of US and Canada.
I paid $112 for 1/3 joker from sideshow. I paid $232 from P1 for wonder woman. I paid $512 for doomsday from P1. Those are all to FL btw. About $100 buck difference but P1 direct you get faster most times and typically all are in stock.
NewbCollection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 02:58 PM   #195
vKevinnn

Sideshow said this item has a billable weight of almost 100lb. Not sure if that’s combining actual weight plus box size. But it’s $145 to ship it from about 8 hours away driving.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:36 PM   #196
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Sideshow said this item has a billable weight of almost 100lb. Not sure if that’s combining actual weight plus box size. But it’s $145 to ship it from about 8 hours away driving.
They’ve done that a lot in the past year.

Even the Hot Toys Infinity Gauntlet was $150 USD, USA wide. It didn’t matter if you were next door, they were still charging the same as if you were in NY.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:50 AM   #197
vKevinnn

Mine just arrived and I’m going to have to return him. I compared to several others people had and mine definitely has his right leg really farther up off the proper spot. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E0197D7F-6D83-4F48-89BC-72FAAB0B1B5D.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	304.7 KB
ID:	123133  
Old 05-03-2019, 06:49 AM   #198
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Mine just arrived and I’m going to have to return him. I compared to several others people had and mine definitely has his right leg really farther up off the proper spot. What do you guys think?
I’ve also got this piece, and the thick felt piece does lift the foot up by about 2.5mm, as without it I believe the tip of his shoe would be scratching against the wall above the tombstone etc.

It’s possible that the felt piece on yours has been misaligned a tad as it looks like yours is resting on the boardering effect that goes around the front edge of the tombstone. The felt piece on mine rests fairly flush on top of the tombstone, just moved a bit closer I believe towards the tip of his shoes.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #199
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
??

Would not return...

Even after zooming can't see what the issue is especially if you're having guests come by to check it out...

And to top it all off, getting a new one might not be in the cards with all the SS/Prime 1 issues... doesn't seem worth it to me at least...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #200
ZoMBie343
Frackin!

Try reversing the order you put the pieces into the base.
ZoMBie343 is offline   Reply With Quote