Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 04-12-2020, 09:50 AM   #181
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
do you guys like it as much as the shockwave?
I like it. But like Shockwave I don't like the footprint. Devy footprint is a bit better because it's not a huge disk. Driller pieces take up extra space. I don't know where I'd put him P1 Sauron needs that spot. I'm also concerned about this piece leaning. A few of my larger IA pieces have/had wiggly pieces. My second release Soundwave toppled over and damaged another statue due to this. It's very hard to trust not getting a faulty piece. 3K is a lot. This would be a nightmare if it fell. I might pick it up down the road but I want to see PCS's piece first.

Devy and Bruticus are my favorite Combiners. You have to ask yourself. Do I have the room, do I have the money, do I really want a Devy piece in my collection. Do you love him enough to deal with those things and the unknown of getting a broken or poor QC piece? Look how big he is compared to Jazz and the guys standing with Jazz. This is going to be a nightmare for returns and replacement pieces. We all joke that the cost of this hobby will force us to live in the brown shippers. This piece you probably could and have your family move in too.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:02 PM   #182
King Grimlock
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Devy is my favorite combiner by far. I recently preordered the toyworld devy cell shaded figure which looks so perfect. Is there any word of an alternate head sculpt for this mammoth? It's the only thing making me second guess this, well next to the $3k price tag. The fact he's the centerpiece for a dio is just the tits. This is absolute G1 nut worthy.
King Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 10:45 PM   #183
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

they really made the base too big, even if I want to drop 3k on this I have literally no place in the house to put it. I looked all over the only place is on the dining table, which will get murdered by my 2 year old then beaten by my wife before dinner...

I wish companies put some thought into minimizing the base dimension, this could easily be a stand up pose with a much smaller base. I mean 40” height I get it, but come on 40” x 40” base? Be serious....
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:59 AM   #184
craigcliff1
Zot

out of stock at BBTS
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #185
eternalblue02

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
out of stock at BBTS
Yeah till it isn't.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:41 AM   #186
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=713142932781378
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:04 PM   #187
eternalblue02

Thanks. I really want this piece but I don't trust it not to lean or topple over and break like my second run Soundwave. For the kind of money they're asking for it this thing needs to be immovable.
Old 06-19-2020, 09:48 AM   #188
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

This guy disappeared very quickly. Too bad. While watching that video of it being put together, I'm just in disbelief. The price seems pretty reasonable for what you're getting. It's HUGE, and so pretty...
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:55 PM   #189
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

IA makes some of the best representations of the G1 Transformers license out there. But with the industry pumping out in overdrive just can't keep up and making some hard choices on what to buy, and what not too. Space, money, and employment and never NSync.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 10:52 PM   #190
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Been watching BBTS like a hawk and one popped up tonight! I grabbed that fast as I could.
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote