Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-15-2016, 11:43 PM   #131
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

So if it's not really 1/4th scale, then why did Alex say it was?
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #132
Frostlord
A day without sunshine is like... night.

He looks bigger than a standard 1/4 scale, I think he's in scale to what the character is supposed to be
Frostlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:41 PM   #133
JorgeLoyo
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostlord View Post
He looks bigger than a standard 1/4 scale, I think he's in scale to what the character is supposed to be
Don't think he's in scale, we don't have the official height for Artorias but he's gigantic, he isn't human and imo a 1/4 scale of Artorias should be 30"+ standing straight. Still I'm happy with the size F4F gave him, the statue measures 20.5" base included and he's crouching so maybe standing straight he's like 22"-24". If he was larger shipping would become a real problem.
JorgeLoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:31 PM   #134
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
So if it's not really 1/4th scale, then why did Alex say it was?
I think they are refering that hes the size of a normal 1/4 scale statue....which kind makes no sense lol.

There was some debate about it, because i think they wanted to do Solaire in 1/4 who is a normal sized human so he'd be 18 inches but then they were doing Artorias at only like 20" high.....so you'd have normal sized characters the same size as boss characters.

So they decided to do the entire line at 1/6 so Solaire will be around 12" and then huge bosses can scale with normal sized humans a bit better.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:38 PM   #135
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

He is hunched over quite a bit.

PCS's Zangief appears as one of the smallest SF statues. While he might be actually/slightly underscale...him being so hunched over does not help at all.

Without knowing this guy, only played 3, he could very well be 1/4. I mean you are easily talking about gaining almost 4-6 inches just by him standing straight up.

How tall is he ingame scale?
As in, SS's Sauron is 1/4 scale, but he is like a 12foot tall character, so his 1/4 pieces stand at/over 30 inches tall.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 01:45 PM   #136
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I think they are refering that hes the size of a normal 1/4 scale statue....which kind makes no sense lol.

There was some debate about it, because i think they wanted to do Solaire in 1/4 who is a normal sized human so he'd be 18 inches but then they were doing Artorias at only like 20" high.....so you'd have normal sized characters the same size as boss characters.

So they decided to do the entire line at 1/6 so Solaire will be around 12" and then huge bosses can scale with normal sized humans a bit better.
Yes, it doesn't make sense for him to say Artorias is 1/4th scale when compared to a "Normal" 1/4 statue. WTH? That's like comparing apples to oranges. Personally, I think he should just make Artorias truly 1/4th scale or just say he is 1/6th scale.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #137
Sathis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Solaire is a great character, but I really am only in for the big ugly bosses, and the characters I found memorable. Ornstein and Sif are must haves for me with artorias, and I have to be picky when I currently am $2k+ in PO WITH COTD ATM.
Sathis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:37 PM   #138
gomur
The Tick

The series should just be 1/5 and do something different for gargantuan sized characters. Really. 1/4 guzzles up too much space and costs so damn much. At 1/5 it would be more affordable and make it easier for everyone to collect multiple characters. Allowing this series to blossom. Win. Win.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 08:02 AM   #139
Silverfox
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Dark souls

:
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:06 PM   #140
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What size is Artorias officially in the game? I can't find it anywhere on any site. According to Alex measurements Artorias is 19 inch in height and that is with him crouching. We really need someone to measure the distance from head diagonally to bottom of foot to get a true understanding of this pieces height. Currently it equates to 6ft 3 inch at crouching stance. So standing he could be significantly taller.

Artorias only grew in game once he assimliated a character, so im assuming this pieces' height has been taken from his human size and not the boss fight size where he was enlarged.

And please no 1/5 scale ever for this line. I want to be able to see the amazing detail in this piece with presence. not scaled down.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote