Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #61
Teague
Iron Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpsta View Post
just started the celexa...cant beatr this anxitey...im not one to take meds...but one told me..."some people need it to work and function in life, and youll never know how bad you were when you start feeling good"...and if works ill stay on it for ever...anxitey runs in my fam and never thought it catch up to me
Hang in there, man! We're all pulling for you.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #62
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It is good that this subject can be discussed in a forum like this. Well done to the original poster.
Hang in there to all the people suffering from it.
I am not on anything but I do have my good days and bad ones.
In my case it was triggered by a lack of sleep (quality)as I have been a shift worker for 20 years. I can see how sleep depravation is used as a form of torure and can then play with your mind.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 PM   #63
skorpsta
Ghost

Ty so much guys
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #64
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Anxiety is a -----!

I talked with a psychiatrists on a weekly basis, then when I got diagnosed (paranoid schizophrenic), I went on to talk with a... Not a psychiatrist but a person that deals with coping and dealing with ---- and gives ya good ideas on what to do in given situations. Anxiety was and still is to some extent one of the tough ones.

This forum is great, you can talk about stuff like that. Not even my family knows I'm schizophrenic except my mom.

I hope the meds works out for ya. The only problem is some meds have some undesirable side effects.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #65
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

One of the reasons I live on forums/collect/have hobbies is to distract myself. I have terrible anxiety/depression, and while it runs in the family, my military service screwed me up pretty good as well. I have a difficult time coping with any situation in which I feel trapped, and it has gotten worse with time.

Unfortunately for me I have had bad experiences with medication. I was calmly planning my own demise at one point, and only the realization that I should be feeling 'something' triggered the thought that I was not myself. Honestly, I probably think it every day, just lack the inclination to follow through. I am quite afraid to start up another script and/or have had other side effects.

So I guess for anyone in a similar situation, keep your dosage low, and pay close attention to how your reacting, while combined with regular counseling. Do things you enjoy and stay engaged.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #66
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I've been suffering from this and anxiety for the last 2 and a half. I'm still learning how to deal with this. Some good days and some bad ones but even the good ones aren't the same as a good day before this started. The only side affect I have from the medication is i'm really sleepy sometimes during the day. Which makes my work day an adventure. I'm going to ask my doctor to put me on something else. Excercise and church are good ways to help with this stuff. Bottom line is it sucks @ss to live with this stuff. I'm hoping I can be off the med's soon.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #67
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I always look for someone to talk to and get some advice. I never keep things to myself, especially if I am depressed. I would always keep on reminding myself that this depression and anxiety will pass and it should not consume me as in the end its me who will suffer in the end if I dont get over it. So I would normally listen to music, happy music, I would read inspirational stuff.. Go out with friends. As much as I can I dont take medication.. As this Anxiety and Depression is all in our head.. If we entertain them, They will stay.. And lastly.. deep breath.. it helps..
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #68
skorpsta
Ghost

Ty guys going on day 6 celexa was 20Mg but cutting it 10Mg my wife been VB on it and shes great And I was with her at her worse I have to say today was a bad day very anxious and nervous just hope the meds kick in my St also gave my xanex I took that and it made me so week and run down so not taking that ty for xpress your views
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:31 PM   #69
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
What I have to be aware and vigilant about is the fact that once you have gone through a clinical depression, it sort of leaves you more vulnerable to another depression in the future. If I do have any changes in terms of sleeping, appetite, level of interest, or mental focus I will consider getting help earlier rather than later.
[/url]
Five years or so after my first period with depression, I find myself taking the same medication, but this time for work-related anxiety. Thankfully, not as severe nor as great an impact to my functionality as what I was going through before, but I also asked for help a lot sooner.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:15 AM   #70
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I've been suffering from depression and social anxiety for as long as I can remember. I'm currently uninsured, so I can't really get medication or anything right now. I also don't like therapists, and I really don't want to my family about stuff like this, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about my issues either.

It's very hard to stay motivated most days. Lately, I've been sitting on the couch and browsing the internet all day. I don't like going outside, and I don't have the energy to do anything else...

I like statues because they make me happy. I love to collect and admire them. It sounds strange, but they're one of the few things to put me at ease.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote