Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-05-2020, 10:48 AM   #1321
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Question

Is the SS bo staff real metal like XMs is?
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #1322
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Is the SS bo staff real metal like XMs is?
I heard it's resin.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 12:16 PM   #1323
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
Is your display case custom? Still looking for advice on something I can buy where I can have him fully displayed without any parts coming off the shelf.
Not custom. It's a Moducase MAX140.

Pardon the dust on the outer part of the acrylic panel.. I haven't been cleaning my case for weeks.. lol
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:31 AM   #1324
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Had to chat with SS today. I originally moved my final payment up from 9/20/20 and paid on 9/1/20, hoping to get this sooner. Still nothing. They did charge my card for the "final payment", but it did not include tax and shipping. The rep said they are in fact coming in batches, but next batch isn't until end of the month. She said they are shipped in "first to order, first to ship" increments, but I don't know if I believe that as I coulda sworn someone in this thread said they ordered and paid just last month, and they received their's quicker than someone who paid months ago. I really hate SS sometimes. I just want my Gambit, and have tried to fully pay, so not sure why I can't get what I ordered. Ugh. Didn't really wanna wait till end of month.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:16 PM   #1325
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Had to chat with SS today. I originally moved my final payment up from 9/20/20 and paid on 9/1/20, hoping to get this sooner. Still nothing. They did charge my card for the "final payment", but it did not include tax and shipping. The rep said they are in fact coming in batches, but next batch isn't until end of the month. She said they are shipped in "first to order, first to ship" increments, but I don't know if I believe that as I coulda sworn someone in this thread said they ordered and paid just last month, and they received their's quicker than someone who paid months ago. I really hate SS sometimes. I just want my Gambit, and have tried to fully pay, so not sure why I can't get what I ordered. Ugh. Didn't really wanna wait till end of month.
Thank you for at least finding out that it’s the end of the month! I paid off in July so was hoping to be in the first batch as well but when I chatted to them they didn’t give me any timeframe for the second batch! I suppose it’s only 3 weeks more to wait!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:32 PM   #1326
bmo9
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I pre-ordered Gambit day one and paid him off months ago. Still waiting on him as well. I ordered Scarecrow and Mr Freeze day that both EX's sold out and got them in first wave so it seems random with how these get sent out.
bmo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 07:55 PM   #1327
Mephisto44
Frackin!

Got my Ex today. Didn’t really want to put it together until I get my Moducase but given Sideshow QC issues I put it together and figured I’m more likely to break the thing putting it back. No noticeable issues with the statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8862DB8C-EACD-4541-B6AA-6FCF9894660C.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	133008  
Mephisto44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 11:39 PM   #1328
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Not really a fan of their “class” system. It shouldn’t really matter if you’ve paid all at once or have done the payment plan. They should only go by order date.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:13 AM   #1329
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Let me preface this by saying I really like sideshows customer service and they are all amazing people in my experience.

They constantly say things on the phone or chat that just aren’t true. Maybe it’s a nervous reaction or a script. But what they say is often disproven (first paid get it first), or even things like”no more shipments until the end of the month!” (I’ve gotten shipping notice shortly after a call when being told this).

I wish sideshow would keep their support staff more in the loop so they can answer the questions more accurately, or be more confident in telling people there is not eta. Still love their team though, just take it with a grain of salt.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 12:57 AM   #1330
mrboomshock
Doh!

Sweet you got a shipping notice?? maybe there is some hope! I've been waiting forever it feels like
mrboomshock is offline   Reply With Quote