Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 11-30-2019, 03:13 AM   #31
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I didn't get to go to the sale today because I had to work until 8pm. Is the sidekick back open-open now, or just for today? Anyone know? TIA. I've had my eye on some of the Ame-Comi pieces. Did they have any Women of DC busts left?
I think Sidekick is open for at least this weekend.

They have the Wonder Girl, Cheetah, Catwoman, and Hawk & Dove busts as well as the Bombshells Mera and Supergirl busts.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:13 PM   #32
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I think Sidekick is open for at least this weekend.

They have the Wonder Girl, Cheetah, Catwoman, and Hawk & Dove busts as well as the Bombshells Mera and Supergirl busts.
Thank you so much!
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:46 PM   #33
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
Thank you so much!
Call before you make the trip since there's a chance that Sidekick won't be open tomorrow (Sunday, 12/01). It'll be open again next weekend, though.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:22 AM   #34
heypaul
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Call before you make the trip since there's a chance that Sidekick won't be open tomorrow (Sunday, 12/01). It'll be open again next weekend, though.
I saw a Facebook post saying that it'll be open through December, but I guess they just meant on weekends. Shame - I've been out of town for Thanksgiving and was planning on checking out what they have on a weekday, when the traffic isn't so crazy. Still haven't gotten used to how insane traffic is in this city...

Gothamite - are the glittery Killer Frost statues still there? I'm hoping they put some Koto statues over in the sidekick. If that Gotham City Garage Wonder Woman every goes to MSRP, I'd love to pick that up too, but it's probably long gone by now.
heypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:40 AM   #35
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypaul View Post
I saw a Facebook post saying that it'll be open through December, but I guess they just meant on weekends. Shame - I've been out of town for Thanksgiving and was planning on checking out what they have on a weekday, when the traffic isn't so crazy. Still haven't gotten used to how insane traffic is in this city...

Gothamite - are the glittery Killer Frost statues still there? I'm hoping they put some Koto statues over in the sidekick. If that Gotham City Garage Wonder Woman every goes to MSRP, I'd love to pick that up too, but it's probably long gone by now.
One of the main reasons I moved from there....that and the insane housing cost. I lived there for almost 30 years. You used to be able to get across town in 15 minutes. Now you can't even do that at 3AM on a Wednesday. LOL
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #36
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
The Killer Frosts are still there, but someone bought GCG WW.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #37
heypaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
One of the main reasons I moved from there....that and the insane housing cost. I lived there for almost 30 years. You used to be able to get across town in 15 minutes. Now you can't even do that at 3AM on a Wednesday. LOL
Tell me about it. I got stuck in traffic for an hour at 2AM on Saturday night. Unbelievable.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #38
heypaul

Quote:
The Killer Frosts are still there, but someone bought GCG WW.
Damn, guess I'll never own that then. $400 was a decent price on it, but that's still not money I spend without a lot of hesitation. Hope it found a good home.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #39
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Tell me about it. I got stuck in traffic for an hour at 2AM on Saturday night. Unbelievable.
When there was a race at the track, SXSW, ACL Festival, ROT Rally, Texas Relays .....etc I would work from home if I could. Traffic was a complete nightmare all times of the day anytime there was something going on.
Old 12-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #40
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Damn, guess I'll never own that then. $400 was a decent price on it, but that's still not money I spend without a lot of hesitation. Hope it found a good home.
I got super lucky and purchased an AP of Wonder Woman for $300. It arrived broken but I was able to get $200 back from the seller and fixed it instead of shattering it and getting all of my money back.