Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #11
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apellica View Post
Even so, the article has also stated that Super NES Classic will only be available until the end of this year. They still won't meet the demand and it will be super hard to get(thanks to the scalpers). Especially, that this system is going to be way more popular than the NES Classic.
Maybe. But it's not definite. They could change their production plans, just like they did with the NES.

The real issue that has me seeing red, is the lack of official and abundant pre-ordering options. That would eliminate or greatly reduce the scalping, if it was limited to one or two per person. Then store employees couldn't buy whole stocks.

Other thoughts:

Yeah, the UK/JP console is better looking, but I'll stick to US for nostalgia sake. I do like the multi-color controller buttons though. Too bad they won't be selling controllers separately this time, or I'd pick up a foreign one.

Interesting also that it appears they shrunk down the original controller ports, instead of switching them to the newer 'Wii' style ports, like the NES Classic.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:32 PM   #12
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Good news is...we already been through this, so while Im not saying it will be easy to get...at least we can be on the look out earlier and know where, etc.
And if second thoughts made you miss out before, that shouldnt be a reason this time around.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:12 AM   #13
gummi
Doh!

After the NES Classic debacle, I'm not even bothering with this one. Regardless of what Nintendo says about production numbers, I'm sure this will be another fiasco for the actual fans and the usual feeding frenzy for the scalpers. Seems to be Nintendo's M.O. these days.
gummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:26 AM   #14
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Sold out everywhere in the UK, took 18 mins to sell out on Amazon, flippers are already selling it for £200 on ebay.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:00 AM   #15
ukshaun
Hercules

Yup - SOLD OUT!

..no doubt to re appear on ebay for an inflated price.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:17 AM   #16
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Wasnt really interested in the nes classic but this is a must have for me, managed to get one from amazon. It's a bit of a false sell out with these things though as alot of those sold will be to flippers, spoils it for the genuine buyers.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:34 AM   #17
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Ill try to get one if i can, if not its not the end of the world. I mostly want it for zelda and castlevania. I had those games when i went off to college in 95 but sold it for a PS2, wish i never did but oh well.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:06 AM   #18
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I never found the damn nes classic.
Same here. Granted I didn't really try that hard but that's because I thought once the hype died down I'd be able to stroll into any store and find one. The hype never died down and I will never pay flipper prices so I missed out.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #19
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Same here. Granted I didn't really try that hard but that's because I thought once the hype died down I'd be able to stroll into any store and find one. The hype never died down and I will never pay flipper prices so I missed out.
I thought the hype would die down as well so I didn't really make that much of an effort either. I won't make that same mistake with this one. I'll line up early at Target and get it on the release day.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #20
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I thought the hype would die down as well so I didn't really make that much of an effort either. I won't make that same mistake with this one. I'll line up early at Target and get it on the release day.
Exact same for me. Fool me once...
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote