Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-06-2020, 03:07 AM   #951
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yes! Across his multiple X runs you could tell he really enjoyed Nightcrawler. And it was tweaked dozens of times but Alan Davis also gave us the 1st version of the modern Storm costume. His style isn’t as flashy as some of the others but he makes the X-Men fun.
It's a clean style, and his figures are diverse. You can see Ivan Reis kinda takes a bit from Davis in his work.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 03:11 AM   #952
FJC
Midnighter

I liked Paul Smith's art. His run was relatively short but I liked his clean and simple style. His art was very underrated IMO.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 06:15 AM   #953
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
See it in person the one portrait works very well. The rest I'm not a big fan of at all. This is the most mind-blowing rogue ever seen by far I would say. The reviewers all of them on YouTube agrees. But you have to see it in person. Pics are all lame.
This is a great statue, but it's not a great Rogue statue. Sideshow's is a far better Rogue statue. There will soon be a few more customs coming soon that will be much better as well.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #954
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
This is a great statue, but it's not a great Rogue statue. Sideshow's is a far better Rogue statue. There will soon be a few more customs coming soon that will be much better as well.
If you see it in person you will probably change your mind. I didn't like it either by the pics. That is until I saw it in person it blew away the ss one by far and I'm the biggest fan of these ss sculptors. I try to buy everything my favorites ss master sculptors do. It's really no contest once you see it in person. Same with all the owners who got this in person they were all blown away and said it's by far the best rogue ever made. Just see the reactions from the few owners on youtube. there's like 4-5 of them and this is a good example how bad portraits don work. Well at least there's one everyone seems to like. Once you see this in person let us know what you think. I was the same before and was so shocked how much I liked this. I would always go for my master portrait sculptors at ss. But definitely not after I saw this in person. This is a first actually for me not choosing my favorite ss master sculptors. I surprised myself for this one exception. See this in person and you will never want another rogue again. Same with his ice-man on ramp with perfect portraits! Totally mind-blowing! No company like ss, p1, will ever make another like these. It's just unreal! It would be cool if others can improve or even make new portraits for this fan art rogue just to make this statue even more impressive! I hope we will see some more add on portraits for it!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:57 AM   #955
Squirtle
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Final payment on Gambit in just over a month - I really hope it’s not delayed and releases on time!
Squirtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:44 AM   #956
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

My final payment's at Sept 5th.. not sure where to put him..my moducase's not here until sometime in Oct... >.<
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 AM   #957
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

The website shows Gambits release as "AUG - NOV 2020". Did it always say that or has it been pushed back? I feel like it said earlier when I first pre-ordered.

Anyways my final payment is scheduled for September so hopefully getting him then.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 09:39 AM   #958
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
The website shows Gambits release as "AUG - NOV 2020". Did it always say that or has it been pushed back? I feel like it said earlier when I first pre-ordered.

Anyways my final payment is scheduled for September so hopefully getting him then.
I think almost every product everywhere will be getting pushed back.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 10:52 AM   #959
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

It's been Aug-Nov 2020 for a while, tons got pushed back, some of the factories i'm guessing went into over drive to attempt to get the delivery date pushed up. Scarecrow was suppose to ship in July-Sep, but they pushed back my last flex pay to August.

If COVID-19 hits hard again, then we def will be seeing greater delays.

I'm sure they will be producing gambit's for 2 or so years due to ES.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #960
nearmint
Phoenix

Flash got pushed up.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote