Fantastic Four

1/4 bizarro superman please xm and power girl
SHANE MCNAMARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 10:04 AM   #52
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Are you sure specfiction is going to get this? Because it would mean that XM Europe would get this too, and it would be good news.

Hopefully XM will provide us some new DC character that Sideshow is affraid to do (Clayface, Double Face, Thalia Al Ghul, Enigma, Pinguin etc...)
I'm just assuming he will be able to get them given he can get the Marvel ones which have the same license restrictions. Just to be clear he doesn't get his statues through XM or any of their official stores, I'm guessing he has a 3rd party contact that lives in the licensed area that helps him out.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #53
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

LOL like that licensing restriction will be a problem...Getting XM is too easy, heck, I’ll bet more than half of everything they have ever produced is in an outside market.

Not here to bash though, hoping for a quality Batman, and maybe they would do something like a Ted Kord Blue Beetle, or Booster Gold, or an insane Hawkman.

Still not excited about any female characters from them though, but I could see me picking up a few pieces here and there.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #54
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I really like XM but I'm having a hard time thinking of a classic solo superhero statue they've made that I felt compelled to buy. It's always been their villain statues that have tempted me the most. While I don't see XM making a Superman I'd like they'd probably do great classic DC baddies like Metallo, Grodd, Solomon Grundy, Brainiac, and Bizarro.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #55
Khufu
Mephisto

Wonder Twins w/Gleek please. Take my money...
Khufu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #56
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Proper 1/4 Penguin and Riddler please. The fact that these two haven’t been touched by SS is a travesty.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #57
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
My issue is that this means for US buyers the pricing on these will be terrible. Probably the same or more than P1 1/3rd scale. And P1 is doing some awesome stuff in that space with DC. Now I fully understand this is an Asia license so I'm not whining but this kinda kills the excitement for me. I'm not really looking forward to the 1300 shipped Wonder Women 1/4th.
I figure they will be priced similar to their Marvel stuff, which is cheaper than the hyper detailed Samurai line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
I'm interested in seeing what XM does with the license, but I'm pretty happy with what Prime is doing with their 1/3 DC statues. I can see picking up something from XM every now and then, but the higher shipping (and probably a little higher retail price) will probably stop me from going all in. Hopefully XM will give us some characters that Sideshow hasn't done in all the years they've had the license.
I really don't have an issue with the size of a 1/3 when displaying them, and I think they are most impressive. But the boxes are way too big to store, plus the weight of the statues are ridiculous for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Great choices!

XM need to start this line with a huge bang. And one way to do that is to release a DC character that is not commonly made by other companies.

With that in mind ...I was thinking they should start off with a gorgeous sculpt of Star Sapphire.

Everybody has a Hal statue, right? Then we need Star Sapphire!
Star Sapphire would be amazing. I'd want most of the DC ladies. Anything in purple goes to the front of the line.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:17 AM   #58
SDguy

From XM on FB. Not sure if anything "classic" is coming any time soon:

"Hope everyone is as excited about the DC 1/4 scale license as we all are at XM Studios!

Moving forward, we have a few key updates on the DC line following the 1/4 DC announcement.

1. The Dark Nights Metal series will be designed and produced in 1/4. You may have already seen some of the Dark Nights Metal teasers (Red Death and Merciless) that we have shared on Facebook.
2. Doomsday will also be produced in 1/4 instead of 1/6.

The team has selected the above few products and have them produced in 1/4 scale as the team will be able to pack in more details and better convey the design intention of the original artists. We can’t wait for you to see the final result!

The current 1/6 line will still go on so not to worry for our 1/6 line collectors! We are still working on more statues in this scale so keep a lookout for them on our social media!

We are also getting lots of questions asking if we can reveal what or who is going to be the first 1/4 DC that we will be releasing. So to get you guys hyped up, we will be releasing it REALLY SOON! Stay tuned!

Please make sure to follow us on Instagram (xmstudios) and on YouTube (XM Studios Official) where we’ll post more information soon. Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter as well!"
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:39 AM   #59
Peedi
The Secret Six

I like different versions of Batman so I’m not mad at Dark Knights Metal in 1/4. I’d probably be down for 1 or 2.

The announcement says they’ll be releasing 1/4 info soon so who knows what they have planned.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #60
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I like different versions of Batman so I’m not mad at Dark Knights Metal in 1/4. I’d probably be down for 1 or 2.

The announcement says they’ll be releasing 1/4 info soon so who knows what they have planned.
The Dark Knights Metal line from DC Direct is one of my favorite lines, currently. I am sure XM can make some incredible 1/4 scale versions.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote