Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #21
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_73 View Post
What is the reason for them to make another Venom? If they do, it might be either 1/3 or 1/7 scale that goes with the new line.
Because Venom sells? We don’t know why, but it’s beyond the fact that anybody here might want one, it’s the fact they already announced they were doing another Venom. Naturally people are interested in how it will turn out.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #22
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Would welcome a new Venom option... missed out on the previous ones
In the same boat myself. Would love to have the last release but current prices on eBay are fairly high.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #23
Peedi
The Secret Six

I wanted XM Venom but originally missed out. I don’t like any of SS’s Venoms. The Prime 1 I contemplated but ultimately passed. I liked the actual Venom but all the other Symbiote happenings going on weren’t to my liking.

XM has a tendency to announce things and you don’t see or hear anything else about it for a very long time. Iron Spidey comes to mind. There are other products that were announced or shown as concept art or sculpts and still aren’t out yet or scrapped altogether...Rhino, Quicksilver, etc...if this is still a project then I’m very interested but you never know with XM.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:08 PM   #24
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
What is the reason for them to make another Venom? If they do, it might be either 1/3 or 1/7 scale that goes with the new line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Because Venom sells? We don’t know why, but it’s beyond the fact that anybody here might want one, it’s the fact they already announced they were doing another Venom. Naturally people are interested in how it will turn out.
+1 Venom sells, basically Venom fans are fanatics (in a good way)

I tried to get a simple action figure of Venom as a toy gift and it was sold out everywhere. I had to resort to paying 3x for what its worth on auction. I was annoyed.. but yes... Venom fans.
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:00 PM   #25
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
+1 Venom sells, basically Venom fans are fanatics (in a good way)

I tried to get a simple action figure of Venom as a toy gift and it was sold out everywhere. I had to resort to paying 3x for what its worth on auction. I was annoyed.. but yes... Venom fans.
Rehash same figure is always a risk. Oh yeah, Sideshow is announcing Venom vs Spidey... and look at the thread, few people expressed displeasure of SS for doing the same sh*t instead of creating new characters - Go read it for yourself. BTW, I a big fan of Venom and will get SS Venom vs spiderman for sure, and if XM creates another one, I will definitely purchase it but I don't see it in 1/4 scale at the moment.
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:11 PM   #26
abubakarhimself
Justice League

Quote:
Rehash same figure is always a risk. Oh yeah, Sideshow is announcing Venom vs Spidey... and look at the thread, few people expressed displeasure of SS for doing the same sh*t instead of creating new characters - Go read it for yourself. BTW, I a big fan of Venom and will get SS Venom vs spiderman for sure, and if XM creates another one, I will definitely purchase it but I don't see it in 1/4 scale at the moment.
There will always be someone whinging about something
abubakarhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:51 AM   #27
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
It seems the consensus there is a dislike for that particular Maquette rather than just not wanting another Venom. Mot don't like the composition of the piece, particularly Spidey's pose.

But point proven. You plan to buy it. Many other people will, too. And that's why Venoms will continue to be made in all types of scales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abubakarhimself View Post
There will always be someone whinging about something
That, too

Old 06-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #28
craigcliff1
Zot

should be awesome!
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:29 AM   #29
SONICobra
Batman

i wonder if theyll rework the look of the spider symbol
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #30
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
When Bryan Tan announced this piece he also stated Spidey 2099,
so XM is starting to get to the peiecs he announced then, as Spidey just came up.
I'd be satisfied if we just saw a raw sculpt. Just picked up the Venom bust, so hoping for a slightly different head sculpt.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote