Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-24-2020, 12:55 AM   #21
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
honest question to which i don't expect an honest answer, do you really not see yourself as having a "habitual behavior" pattern to your posts same as those you deem so unenlightened?
I originally wrote a concise response to your question, but my computer froze and it went into the ether. Don't feel like reconstructing it so I'll say that if by "habitual behavior" you mean calling out bigotry, sexism, racism, etc., then guilty as charged. If someone throws rocks (wrapped in notes you obviously agree with... I do consider you among the "select", BTW) then they shouldn't be shocked and outraged when someone throws them back. Long ago, I was once accused by a dear conservative female friend and colleague of having an "overdeveloped sense of justice" and she said she knew because she had one, too. I'm at peace with that. It's not a matter of enlightenment as much as of respect. I can't regulate, nor do I wish to, your private biases and opinions, but when you speak them aloud or in print in a public forum, I reserve the right to rebuttal, just as much as you do the right to OFTEN agree. I'm essentially done with this (except for one more at "Designed2Whine") as the mods will probably lock this down. Until the next transgression.
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:10 AM   #22
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Here goes JoeWorf again Mr. PC, defender of women because he thinks women can't defend themselves, if you don't like what I have to say use the Ignore option numbnuts...

BTW, your (sic) starting to look like a stalker collecting all my previous posts and you forgot to add "QFT"
Still with the intelligent, articulate responses, I see.
What's interesting is that you never acknowledged your own words, neither owned nor denied. Deflect, deflect, insult, accuse. You said those things repeatedly, not me, and that's what I've always called you out for (and lousy grammar) .... beating that dead horse. I did notice that you didn't respond (as usual) until after you got your fellow "yes men" to join the fray as back-up. Need that reaffirmation, I guess. I'm certainly not qualified to act as a therapist, but I will say that when it comes to women, son, you have more issues than Scientific American, Ladies Home Journal and National Geographic combined. 'nuff said.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:58 AM   #23
MrYac
Hercules

Translation “you’re all stupid racist sexist homophobes and even though I’m the one that starts the majority of fights I’m on the right side of history so it’s totes different than when you cavemen do it” mostly the response I expected. And the fact that you had to point out both the gender and the political leanings of your friend speaks endless volumes about you, I’ll give you credit for not tossing in her race, religion and sexual presences though.

But all that said I do agree people are entitled to their own beliefs and a bit of dissension from time to time makes for more interesting conversation.... and while I do enjoy B2S I'll admit “Designed2Whine” is pretty funny..... hope that doesn’t invalidate my yes man credentials
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:35 AM   #24
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
so forced...instead of focusing on all women, focus on a good script and cast the best people for the roles. Do t force it, never works out.
Don't go all logical on us now.

OH well, as always pick and choose, pick and choose.

I didn't go near The Mandalorian until the full season finished and I had it vetted by trusted fans.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:50 AM   #25
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Translation “you’re all stupid racist sexist homophobes and even though I’m the one that starts the majority of fights I’m on the right side of history so it’s totes different than when you cavemen do it” mostly the response I expected. And the fact that you had to point out both the gender and the political leanings of your friend speaks endless volumes about you, I’ll give you credit for not tossing in her race, religion and sexual presences though.

But all that said I do agree people are entitled to their own beliefs and a bit of dissension from time to time makes for more interesting conversation.... and while I do enjoy B2S I'll admit “Designed2Whine” is pretty funny..... hope that doesn’t invalidate my yes man credentials
And should I put words in your mouth to the effect of, “I am a stupid, racist, sexist homophobe and how dare you accuse me of flaunting those views and you should just remain silent and sit back and agree because I'm right!" ?
Not that I need to explain myself to you, but I mentioned the gender and political persuasion to make the point that not all "overdeveloped" justice types are male and liberal. BTW, She's white, Catholic and straight, if that will help lower your opinion of me. Note that I did say "friend" so there's mutual respect, love and tolerance across the aisle despite differing approaches.
Go back and read my first two posts in this thread... no one was attacked or called out by name and I said that some of these threads are started with the intent of starting a fight or declaring their political/social views, for the umpteenth time. I didn't lob the first grenade into the room.
Nope, but you're still a Sith apprentice, though, unless you've moved up with "Darth Armi" now MIA.
Old 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #26
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Nope, but you're still a Sith apprentice, though, unless you've moved up with "Darth Armi" now MIA.

i'll take it! not only was Palpatine 100% an amazing ruler, but the sith are always cooler
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #27
ukshaun
Hercules

Sounds like another nail in the Star Wars coffin.
Since i'm done with Star Wars, i'm none too bothered.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #28
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sounds like another nail in the Star Wars coffin.
Since i'm done with Star Wars, i'm none too bothered.
Give it a chance dude. We’re in a world now where we have to wait out things like The Last Jedi and Ghostbusters in order to get Black Widow and The Mandalorian. If we want good shows, we’ll just have to put up with some crap. Who knows? It may be good.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:15 PM   #29
built2shred
Phoenix

I can easily picture Joeworf reading his own posts over and over again and patting himself on the back thinking how superior he is to everyone else...

Back on topic....

If they wanted to focus on a female character they should have chosen Ashoka, now she's one bad ass character... Although, I don't blame Filioni for wanting to keep her for his own show The Mandalorian...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #30
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I can easily picture Joeworf reading his own posts over and over again and patting himself on the back thinking how superior he is to everyone else...

Back on topic....

If they wanted to focus on a female character they should have chosen Ashoka, now she's one bad ass character... Although, I don't blame Filioni for wanting to keep her for his own show The Mandalorian...
If her character arc is good on the Mandalorian then I could see them giving her a show. Since we're talking about the shows here, has anyone heard any news on the Obi-Wan and Rogue One series?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote