Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #401
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I kind of like this statue but I also agree that the pose is pretty lame in a sense that it is literally just Batman standing there.

However, what 1/2 scale statue have you all seen that they are in some sort of dynamic pose? Outside of those huge Street Fighter statues made overseas (philippines?) Everyone else is in a basic pose.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:06 PM   #402
Atimantium
Hydra

Wolverine 1/2 isn't museum pose.
Atimantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:14 PM   #403
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
Wolverine 1/2 isn't museum pose.
Ooh yeah I forgot about him. Also thanks, I meant Museum pose.
My other gripe with these statues is that it seems like the paint apps and overall quality just turns out to be kinda meh when people get the product in house ( the sideshow ones at least). I remember the fallout when it came to the Doom life size statue.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #404
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

I actually prefer something this size in a Museum pose just because of Space. If he had his cape flaired out all over the place the foot print would be huge. It's hard enough to find space for these things even if you build custom shelves.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #405
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Ooh yeah I forgot about him. Also thanks, I meant Museum pose.
My other gripe with these statues is that it seems like the paint apps and overall quality just turns out to be kinda meh when people get the product in house ( the sideshow ones at least). I remember the fallout when it came to the Doom life size statue.
Wolf Pred Legendary is about as dynamic as it gets, although it isn't quite 1/2.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:05 PM   #406
myskye23
Hellboy

My wife surprised me last week with this big guy! It's my first Legendary Scale statue and it's HUGE! Stands about 44" tall from bottom of base to top of ear but there were definite QC issues unfortunately. After much debate, I've decided to send him back and return him because I don't want to constantly play QC Tag with Sideshow. I didn't want to chance on getting another bad one and having to haul it back and forth to UPS.

Paint bleeds, a tear on the fabric costume, glue on the emblem coming off and ripping the fabric material, and big gap between the head and the cape. There were so many problems with this statue that I'm surprised it made it out of the warehouse like this on such an expensive statue.

This statue turned out great and I liked it more than I thought I actually would but with this bad of a QC, I just can't justify keeping it when it's a $2,300 piece.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191024_074456.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	126634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bleeds and Glue.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	244.6 KB
ID:	126635   Click image for larger version

Name:	Damaged to Material.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	126636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Emblem Stretching off Material.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	126637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tear in Costume 2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	440.8 KB
ID:	126638  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tear in Costume.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	494.0 KB
ID:	126639   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tear Straight on.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	318.8 KB
ID:	126640  
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:28 PM   #407
chronos1919
Nightwing

Sorry to hear that. Especially with it being a gift.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #408
myskye23
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
Sorry to hear that. Especially with it being a gift.
Thank you Chronos. I felt bad for wanting to return it because she really went out of her way to get it for me. I slept on the decision and after hearing multiple horror stories of getting a bad replacement piece(s) from SS from various collectors, I just decided it was for the best. If this was a 1/4 Scale and the box wasn't so big, I would have chanced it but it's too big to haul around and the nearest UPS store is 35 minutes away from my house.
myskye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #409
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by myskye23 View Post
My wife surprised me last week with this big guy! It's my first Legendary Scale statue and it's HUGE! Stands about 44" tall from bottom of base to top of ear but there were definite QC issues unfortunately. After much debate, I've decided to send him back and return him because I don't want to constantly play QC Tag with Sideshow. I didn't want to chance on getting another bad one and having to haul it back and forth to UPS.

Paint bleeds, a tear on the fabric costume, glue on the emblem coming off and ripping the fabric material, and big gap between the head and the cape. There were so many problems with this statue that I'm surprised it made it out of the warehouse like this on such an expensive statue.

This statue turned out great and I liked it more than I thought I actually would but with this bad of a QC, I just can't justify keeping it when it's a $2,300 piece.
That's a shame. I'm surprised it made it out like that as well...aren't these big guys manufactured on demand? I remember the Wolverine half scale was.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote