Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-13-2019, 06:19 PM   #8981
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercats-NO View Post
You like being double penetrated?

Hahahahahahahahaha
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #8982
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Yeah, my response was a bit harsh, but most of the prints from Sideshow are cheap cash-grabs that have people looking for other options.

1. The frames are insanely overpriced for what you get. I bought one framed print from them and will never do so again.

2. The Alex Ross prints are on unbelievably thin cheap paper. His giclees almost always sell under retail on the aftermarket so it's better to be patient and get something of quality.

3. The robot signatures are a joke to the point that they did refunds because people were mad about how they were marketed. They add zero value to a print.

4. Diamond dust for $4000.

5. The new photo line is unnecessary, unsigned, and overpriced as well.

I've bought a ton of prints from Sideshow, and the only ones that are worth the price are the ones that are unframed and actually signed by the artist on good paper. I pass on anything else no matter how much I like the image.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:41 PM   #8983
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Yeah, my response was a bit harsh, but most of the prints from Sideshow are cheap cash-grabs that have people looking for other options.

1. The frames are insanely overpriced for what you get. I bought one framed print from them and will never do so again.

2. The Alex Ross prints are on unbelievably thin cheap paper. His giclees almost always sell under retail on the aftermarket so it's better to be patient and get something of quality.

3. The robot signatures are a joke to the point that they did refunds because people were mad about how they were marketed. They add zero value to a print.

I've bought a ton of prints from Sideshow, and the only ones that are worth the price are the ones that are unframed and actually signed by the artist on good paper. I pass on anything else no matter how much I like the image.
I agree completely, even though I've purchased some of the prints with the fake signatures.

Even the prints that have real signatures are way overpriced. I buy prints that are just as high quality as Sideshow's from places like Bottleneck Gallery and Grey Matter. They're officially licensed Marvel and DC prints too (movie as well) and those are generally $40-55 vs. Sideshow's at $95-125. And, most of them have much smaller ES's than Sideshow's prints.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #8984
Mister H
Green Goblin

Wow, and I wasn’t even talking about prints with my comment. Another layer to the onion I guess.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:31 PM   #8985
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I agree completely, even though I've purchased some of the prints with the fake signatures.

Even the prints that have real signatures are way overpriced. I buy prints that are just as high quality as Sideshow's from places like Bottleneck Gallery and Grey Matter. They're officially licensed Marvel and DC prints too (movie as well) and those are generally $40-55 vs. Sideshow's at $95-125. And, most of them have much smaller ES's than Sideshow's prints.
I purchased the early Artgerm prints with the robot signature but then had him sign them when I went to SDCC or NYCC. He's always been really nice about it too--never charged me for a signature on any of the Sideshow prints. That's the only way I'll buy ones with robot signatures. I have to know I can get them actually signed at some point.

I agree about Bottleneck's prints too. They're usually not signed, but the ES is lower than what Sideshow produces and they're half the price.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:13 AM   #8986
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Marvel Monograph: The Art of J. Scott Campbell - The Complete Covers Vol. 1 https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302917587..._hA3ZDb969XWKK

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:13 AM   #8987
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:26 AM   #8988
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post

I only have one framed print from SS, the Olivia Ledger Joker. I agree they're generally overpriced, but I actually like how that one turned out.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 06:48 PM   #8989
1COLLECTOR
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Hi Gang

Not sure if this has been covered before but wanted to note this awesome portfolio. If you are like me where you have exhausted all the wall real estate in your collection room (see pictures below) but still love to collect rare art prints.

I found this awesome portfolio called "itoya art profolio multi-ring binder" mine is in the 18x24 scale and helps me protect and enjoy my prints even though I don't really have any space to hang them up. Its a great way to collect, enjoy and protect these expensive prints.

Just wanted to note it for those who are looking for this sort of solution
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	403.5 KB
ID:	126983   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	126984   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172704.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	646.9 KB
ID:	126985   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172715.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	126986   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172724.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	126987  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172732.jpg
Size:	501.9 KB
ID:	126988   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172743.jpg
Size:	465.3 KB
ID:	126989   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172758.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	575.2 KB
ID:	126990   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172808.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	543.4 KB
ID:	126991   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191117_172813.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	456.2 KB
ID:	126992  

1COLLECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 08:07 PM   #8990
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I will just call it out and say that I do appreciate the Sideshow team participating in the dialog on this forum and wish there was more. It is unfortunate though that as an employee it appears you may also shoulder the decisions and public relations of the company that may not be yours to decide. I get the feeling that Sideshow employees would like to say more but the risks outweigh the need for opinions.

My opinions are all over the map with Sideshow but they are subjective to the pieces and not the people involved.

So with that said and my point, I get it why we don't get more participation from the Sideshow folks. Or their feedback. But I do appreciate it when we do.

Although I will say that Mr Igo may have touched some sensitive feathers there.

That is all.

I go weighs on on the ss a lot of the time when. He posts (like when he talked ---- about XM compared to SS) do of course people are going to paint him in the same corner cause that is what he's done to himself. If he doesn't want to be seen that way fair enough but in Igo's case that doesn't apply.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote