Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-08-2011, 11:05 PM   #111
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Congrats on your new pieces too Primal. I think the CGotDCU are some of DC's best.

I hear you about space. I've got statues and busts stashed all over my office. Most just remain in their boxes after having a look at them when they first arrive. One day I hope I'll have a space to properly display them.
Thanx Big B! The sculpts and paints are truly immaculate on my copies! Some of the best in my collection!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravis390 View Post
Next month's Cover Girl is Poison Ivy. I can not wait to add her to my collection.
Cant wait for Ivy & Supergirl! Passed on Batgirl and may pick up Black Canary eventually even though it didnt blow me away like the others.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:22 PM   #112
Big B
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Thanx Big B! The sculpts and paints are truly immaculate on my copies! Some of the best in my collection!

Cant wait for Ivy & Supergirl! Passed on Batgirl and may pick up Black Canary eventually even though it didnt blow me away like the others.
I know Batgirl is not to everyone's liking but I think in the spirit it was intended it is a good AH likeness.

Definitely pick up Black Canary Primal! Her, PG, Catwoman and Harley are the best in the series so far, IMO. I think Mathews did a great job with his sculpts of all of the ladys when compared to the source material. The four listed just simply stand out.
Big B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #113
Primal
Batman

Quote:
I know Batgirl is not to everyone's liking but I think in the spirit it was intended it is a good AH likeness.
That's cool. The Cover Girl Batgirl is a very polarizing figure but I can understand why some people like it.

Quote:
Definitely pick of Black Canary Primal! Her, PG, Catwoman and Harley are the best in the series so far, IMO. I think Mathews did a great job with his sculpts of all of the ladys when compared to the source material. The four listed just simply stand out.
Matthews has been hitting them out of the park! I probably wouldve picked up Canary if I had more space but as it is I have to be very selective with my purchases. Perhaps some time down the road. Harley's my current fave btw!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #114
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Matthews has been hitting them out of the park! I probably wouldve picked up Canary if I had more space but as it is I have to be very selective with my purchases. Perhaps some time down the road. Harley's my current fave btw!
Congrats on your latest Omar! I just scored HQ and WW for pretty decent prices on the bay, should have them next week. I hear you on space being tight! But I also recommend picking up BC, she's real nice looking!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:43 PM   #115
DCCollector
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Thanks for the pics, Big B. This is the first time I've seen a non-sample pic of the DCU Online statues. They look pretty good based on your pics - can't wait to get mine next week.
DCCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:45 PM   #116
Big B

Quote:
That's cool. The Cover Girl Batgirl is a very polarizing figure but I can understand why some people like it.

He sure has!

How was the paint on your copy of Harley?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #117
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Congrats on your latest Omar! I just scored HQ and WW for pretty decent prices on the bay, should have them next week. I hear you on space being tight! But I also recommend picking up BC, she's real nice looking!
Thanx 'mano! Congrats on your ebay pickup! Are those the only 2 you were missing?
I just remembered that I'm also looking forward to Hawkgirl and Kingdom Come Wonder Woman!

Quote:
He sure has!

How was the paint on your copy of Harley?
Not surprisingly it was just about perfect
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM   #118
Big B

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCollector View Post
Thanks for the pics, Big B. This is the first time I've seen a non-sample pic of the DCU Online statues. They look pretty good based on your pics - can't wait to get mine next week.
Any time DCCollector. Surprisingly good detail on the DCUO statues and, if my copies are an example, nice clean paints. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #119
Big B

Quote:
Thanx 'mano! Congrats on your ebay pickup! Are those the only 2 you were missing?
I just remembered that I'm also looking forward to Hawkgirl and Kingdom Come Wonder Woman!

Not surprisingly it was just about perfect
Glad to hear it. My LCS sent back 9 from their initial shipment due to paint issues. I managed to get one but there are a couple of tiny flaws. Not quite as clean on the paint apps as the earlier pieces in the line. Still, much love for HQ.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #120
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Yeah, now I'm only missing Batgirl, but I'm not planning on picking her up just yet. Not my cup of tea, although she's slowly growing on me. Funny thing is I had no intention of getting in on this line, and now I have them all!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote